-   -   FireGPG (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/140560-firegpg.html)

"Zaki Akhmad" 08-10-2008 07:42 AM

FireGPG

Hello,

Anybody using FireGPG[1] here? I am having problem. I've created the
gpg file with gpg.

Here's my .gnupg directory consist of:
za@kafka:~/.gnupg$ ls -l
total 32
-rw------- 1 za za 9154 2008-08-10 14:08 gpg.conf
-rw------- 1 za za 636 2008-08-10 14:10 pubring.gpg
-rw------- 1 za za 636 2008-08-10 14:10 pubring.gpg~
-rw------- 1 za za 600 2008-08-10 14:10 random_seed
-rw------- 1 za za 1325 2008-08-10 14:10 secring.gpg
-rw------- 1 za za 1280 2008-08-10 14:10 trustdb.gpg

Then I add the pubring.gpg file to FireGPG option. The error message
which shown is:
Error : FireGPG is unable to access the gpg executable. Make sure GPG
is installed or specify the path in the preferences.

I've put the pubring.gpg ont the right path. Anybody can give me some
hints? Thanks!

--
Zaki Akhmad
[1]https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4645

Dale 08-10-2008 09:06 AM

FireGPG

Hi,

2008/8/10 Zaki Akhmad <zakiakhmad@gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> Anybody using FireGPG[1] here? I am having problem. I've created the
> gpg file with gpg.

No I have not used it, but below is what I see happening from the error.

> Here's my .gnupg directory consist of:
> za@kafka:~/.gnupg$ ls -l
> total 32
> -rw------- 1 za za 9154 2008-08-10 14:08 gpg.conf
> -rw------- 1 za za 636 2008-08-10 14:10 pubring.gpg
> -rw------- 1 za za 636 2008-08-10 14:10 pubring.gpg~
> -rw------- 1 za za 600 2008-08-10 14:10 random_seed
> -rw------- 1 za za 1325 2008-08-10 14:10 secring.gpg
> -rw------- 1 za za 1280 2008-08-10 14:10 trustdb.gpg
>
> Then I add the pubring.gpg file to FireGPG option. The error message
> which shown is:
> Error : FireGPG is unable to access the gpg executable. Make sure GPG
> is installed or specify the path in the preferences.

To me firegpg is wanting you to tell it in the preferences where the
gpg executable is, eg
$ whereis gpg
gpg: /usr/bin/gpg /usr/share/man/man1/gpg.1.gz

and the path you have to add to the preferences of firegpg for the gpg
executable is '/usr/bin/gpg'

> I've put the pubring.gpg ont the right path. Anybody can give me some
> hints? Thanks!
>
> --
> Zaki Akhmad
> [1]https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4645

HTH

Regards
Dale
--
[WWW] http://southernvaleslug.org/
[IRC] #southern-vales.lug on irc.freenode.net