Old 08-10-2008, 12:17 AM
"H.S."

Default don't really need cpp-3.4, do I?

For the last many weeks, when I want to upgrade my Debian Testing
computer, aptitude keeps telling me that:

libg2c0-dev: Depends: gcc-3.4-base (= 3.4.6-6) but 3.4.6-8 is to be
installed.
libg2c0: Depends: gcc-3.4-base (= 3.4.6-6) but 3.4.6-8 is to be
installed.

Remove the following packages:
cpp-3.4

However, I would like to keep this version of gcc. cpp-3.4 appears to be
just the pre-processor. I supposed I can remove this and still be able
to use the 3.4 gcc compiler (I want to retain libg2c0 as well). Do I
understand this right?

thanks,
->HS