Old 08-09-2008, 05:50 AM
"Santanu Chatterjee"

Default Debian stickers in India

Hello Everybody,

This is probably a bit off topic but I don't know where else to ask.
Does anyone here know where can I get Debian Stickers (you know,
with the Debian swirl) in India... anybody who sells such stickers?

I really want to stick that to my laptop :-)

Regards,
Santanu Chatterjee

Old 08-09-2008, 06:12 AM
Thomas Preud'homme

Saturday 09 August 2008, Santanu Chatterjee wrote*:
> Hello Everybody,
>
> This is probably a bit off topic but I don't know where else to ask.
> Does anyone here know where can I get Debian Stickers (you know,
> with the Debian swirl) in India... anybody who sells such stickers?
>
> I really want to stick that to my laptop :-)
>
> Regards,
> Santanu Chatterjee

Why don't buy stickers online ? Look at the misc section on debian
website (http://www.debian.org/misc/merchandise)

Regards,

Thomas Preud'homme
--
Why Debian : http://www.debian.org/intro/why_debian

Old 08-09-2008, 06:15 AM
"Jos Collin"

You have to order it online from Debian shop.

http://www.debianshop.com/

But it will not be delivered in India, I think.
Anyway, If you have someone in United States, you can order it by giving his/her address as the shipping address.

Also if you are interested in free software why can't you donate the amount, which you pay for the sticker to fsf.org?

- Jos Collin

Old 08-09-2008, 08:19 AM
"Santanu Chatterjee"

Hello Thomas and Jos,

Thanks for your replies.

I started with the URLs suggested by you http://www.debian.org/misc/merchandise
(Thomas Preud'homme) and http://www.debianshop.com (Jos Collin) but they seem to
require credit card for any purchase. But I don't use any credit card
or online money
transfer (I am kind of paranoid about these things).

Anyways, starting with these links I got to a site called
http://openranger.org.
They offer cash on delivery option, and the debian sticker they sell looks cool
too (just the right size for a smallish laptop).
So I ordered from them. Let's see what happens.

In the meantime, I am looking at http://www.debian.org/events/material#stickers
and am trying to make one myself :-)

Jos Collin:
> Also if you are interested in free software why can't you donate the amount,
> which you pay for the sticker to fsf.org?

Donation (whatever little I can) has never been any problem. Only thing is that
I don't use a Credit Card (or any kind of online money transactions). Instead I
do whatever I can to spread the spirit of Free Software among my students and
friends.
Occasionally I also file bug reports and send a patch to some project I care
about. That way I try to pay back a little bit to the community that means so
much to me.

Regards,
Santanu Chatterjee

Old 08-19-2008, 03:29 PM
Michelle Konzack

Am 2008-08-09 11:20:52, schrieb Santanu Chatterjee:
> Hello Everybody,
>
> This is probably a bit off topic but I don't know where else to ask.
> Does anyone here know where can I get Debian Stickers (you know,
> with the Debian swirl) in India... anybody who sells such stickers?
>
> I really want to stick that to my laptop :-)

I have sold them as "singel" (expensive) or cards of 20 (niche reduction
of the price). Each was 1"x1" and has lense effect. Currently I am
reinstalling my
<http://onlinestore.tamay-dogan.net/>

(running osCommerce) and will sell again worldwide, But for now, I have
trouble with this crapy mySQL 5. If the problem is solved, I will go
into a new production...

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
Michelle Konzack
Systemadministrator
24V Electronic Engineer
Tamay Dogan Network
Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

Michelle Konzack Apt. 917 ICQ #328449886
+49/177/9351947 50, rue de Soultz MSN LinuxMichi