Old 08-07-2008, 10:51 PM
"ryan lerch"

Default Wallpaper Extras - update

What licences can / should the images be?

cheers,
ryanlerch

2008/8/8 Martin Sourada <martin.sourada@gmail.com>

On Thu, 2008-08-07 at 16:27 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:

> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/Wallpaper_Extras

> OK, I uploaded a [not that great] few, to break the ice, start the ball

> rolling, provide an incentive and show how to use the gallery tag.

Cool, some of them might even work very good for wallpaper (from

usability POV) and all of them look great!

For those not subscribed on the infra list here's some info. It might be

best to implement a gallery2 [1] software, which seems to mostly satisfy

our needs. It only seem to lack a way to handle sources easily (e.g. for

images generated via some script or from SVGs) and currently has no

integration with FAS, but it seems it could be done.

Looks like we could maybe eventually host the gallery on

art.fedoraproject.org.

Here's [2] the list of requirements I though of when I explained our

needs/plans on the infrastructure list, and here's [3] the reply on

that.

Do you think I listed all the requirements? Does the gallery2 on

art.fp.o seems like a good solution to you? Comments welcome.

Thanks,

Martin

[1] http://codex.gallery2.org/Main_Page

[2]

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-infrastructure-list/2008-August/msg00038.html

[3]

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-infrastructure-list/2008-August/msg00045.html

Old 08-07-2008, 10:55 PM
Martin Sourada

On Fri, 2008-08-08 at 08:51 +1000, ryan lerch wrote:
> What licences can / should the images be?
>
> cheers,
> ryanlerch

me thinks that everything that is OK for inclusion in Fedora would be
OK for the gallery as well. IMHO there's no need to have separate
license policy for that.

Martin

Old 08-08-2008, 05:45 AM
Nicu Buculei

Martin Sourada wrote:

On Fri, 2008-08-08 at 08:51 +1000, ryan lerch wrote:

What licences can / should the images be?

me thinks that everything that is OK for inclusion in Fedora would be
OK for the gallery as well. IMHO there's no need to have separate
license policy for that.

I think we could go, for simplicity sake, for CC-BY-SA: a well known and
easy to understand license.