Old 08-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Ron Johnson

Default diagram tool

On 08/07/08 14:15, Damon L. Chesser wrote:

Starting a contract job and I might need to diagram out the network, I
know of diag, anything else out there?

Is this a known network, or will you need to probe the unknown?

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

Scientists are people, too. IOW, they also "crave power, money,
respect, and influence, and they also fear for their jobs. Each
can be a healthy motivator, but each has the ability to turn a
good scientist into a bad one; and in some cases, they can turn
a good scientist into a charlatan."
http://thefutureofthings.com/book/3/the-bomb-that-never-was.html

Old 08-07-2008, 08:02 PM
Neil Watson

This allows you to create diagram programmatically:
<http://www.graphviz.org/>
--
Neil Watson
System Administrator for hire

Old 08-23-2008, 10:59 AM
"James Youngman"

http://cheops-ng.sourceforge.net/screenshots.php

Old 08-23-2008, 11:39 AM
Michael Mohn

Starting a contract job and I might need to diagram out the network, I
know of diag, anything else out there?

http://cheops-ng.sourceforge.net/screenshots.php

is there some tool that's not THAT outdated?
bye,
Michael.

Old 08-23-2008, 12:58 PM
Ron Johnson

Starting a contract job and I might need to diagram out the network, I
know of diag, anything else out there?

http://cheops-ng.sourceforge.net/screenshots.php

is there some tool that's not THAT outdated?

You mean the gnome-1.x requirement?

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

hook beneath it." -- Thomas Jefferson

Old 08-23-2008, 03:10 PM
"Kelly Clowers"

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 12:15 PM, Damon L. Chesser <damon@damtek.com> wrote:
> Starting a contract job and I might need to diagram out the network, I
> know of diag, anything else out there?

If you just need to draw the network, Kivio is good. If you mean
an automated network discovery/mapping tool, I can't help.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers

Old 08-23-2008, 05:59 PM
"Damon L. Chesser"

On Thu, 2008-08-07 at 15:15 -0400, Damon L. Chesser wrote:
> Starting a contract job and I might need to diagram out the network, I
> know of diag, anything else out there?

Well,

Thanks for the replies. The program I remembered was not diag, but dia.
I have looked at the ones listed and they would all do what I needed.
Since it has been a few years since I looked for diagram software, I
thought I would ask.

--
Damon L. Chesser <damon@damtek.com>

Old 08-23-2008, 06:11 PM
"Damon L. Chesser"

On Sat, 2008-08-23 at 08:10 -0700, Kelly Clowers wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 12:15 PM, Damon L. Chesser <damon@damtek.com> wrote:
> > Starting a contract job and I might need to diagram out the network, I
> > know of diag, anything else out there?
>
> If you just need to draw the network, Kivio is good. If you mean
> an automated network discovery/mapping tool, I can't help.
>

> Cheers,
> Kelly Clowers

I found this easy to use, drew a simple net diagram in just two minutes.
I will have to compare this with Dia.
--
Damon L. Chesser <damon@damtek.com>