Old 08-06-2008, 10:51 PM
Hal Vaughan

Default Moving RAID1 From Sarge to Etch -- Confirmation

I had a system drive go bad and it'll be just as easy to install Etch on
it rather than rebuild it (currently it's Sarge). I have read the
issues in UPGRADING from Sarge to Etch. I just want some clarification
so I don't do something messy. If I wipe Sarge and install Etch, and I
still have the same RAID1 on that computer, then I should deal with
making that RAID1 work under the newly installed Etch the same way as
with Sarge, using the same instructions.

Am I right on this? I'd rather be sure before having to restore a huge
data drive!

Thanks!

Hal

Old 08-08-2008, 12:39 AM
"s. keeling"

Hal Vaughan <hal@thresholddigital.com>:
> I had a system drive go bad and it'll be just as easy to install Etch on
> it rather than rebuild it (currently it's Sarge). I have read the
> issues in UPGRADING from Sarge to Etch. I just want some clarification

Hey Hal. Sorry to hear it. Is this _RAID related_ issues? I've seen
zero problems upgrading sarge to etch, but I don't bother with RAID
myself.

Boot from a live CD with all the RAID stuff on it, and test it all
out.