Old 08-06-2008, 03:17 PM
Nicu Buculei

Default FUDCon Brno banner

RazGriz wrote:

hum.... can i made a little suggestion?

the "yellow lights", change their colors to the colors of the fedora
logo =]

So, at which point are they yellow and at which point are they blue?

If you want to play with it, attached is the source (the rest of the
text is written with MgOpen Modata white and bold).

Old 08-06-2008, 07:05 PM
Martin Sourada

On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 15:15 +0000, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> That's cool -- would it be possible to move the city landscape up a bit,
> and fit in a description like this?
>
> "FUDCon Brno
> 2008.09.05 - 07" <-- Does that make sense as a European notation?
I'd use 5. -- 7. 9. 2008 or 5. 9. -- 7. 9. 2008 (but I am not 100% sure
about that either). IIRC there should be non-breakable spaces after the
dots, not sure around the n-dash. We usually don't add starting zeros to
the "dot notation" (if used with spaces). If you want to go with the
other sorting I'd probably not use dots (slashes would be probably best)
and I am not sure how to correctly express ranges in that notation. If
you'd like to go without spaces, use slashes, i.e. 5/9/2008 -- 7/9/2008
(I'm not sure if you can omit month/year).

But generally, in Czech Republic we are used to the little endian format
with slight preference for points over slashes.

Martin

PS: don't take my word for granted, even though I am Czech I don't
remember the exact typographic rules for writing dates and date ranges.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:31 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Wed, Aug 06, 2008 at 09:05:11PM +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 15:15 +0000, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > That's cool -- would it be possible to move the city landscape up a bit,
> > and fit in a description like this?
> >
> > "FUDCon Brno
> > 2008.09.05 - 07" <-- Does that make sense as a European notation?
> I'd use 5. -- 7. 9. 2008 or 5. 9. -- 7. 9. 2008 (but I am not 100% sure
> about that either). IIRC there should be non-breakable spaces after the
> dots, not sure around the n-dash. We usually don't add starting zeros to
> the "dot notation" (if used with spaces). If you want to go with the
> other sorting I'd probably not use dots (slashes would be probably best)
> and I am not sure how to correctly express ranges in that notation. If
> you'd like to go without spaces, use slashes, i.e. 5/9/2008 -- 7/9/2008
> (I'm not sure if you can omit month/year).
>
> But generally, in Czech Republic we are used to the little endian format
> with slight preference for points over slashes.
>
> Martin
>
> PS: don't take my word for granted, even though I am Czech I don't
> remember the exact typographic rules for writing dates and date ranges.

Slashes sound much more reasonable. I just want to make sure whatever
we put in the banner is going to make sense to the European readers.
Does more of Europe use that formatting (5/9/2008 - 7/9/2008)?

Old 08-07-2008, 06:41 AM
Nicu Buculei

Paul W. Frields wrote:

would it be possible to move the city landscape up a bit,
and fit in a description like this?

"FUDCon Brno
2008.09.05 - 07" <-- Does that make sense as a European notation?

Then all the needed info is in one siNgle frame and we don't need the
animation any more (attached)

Old 08-07-2008, 09:37 AM
RazGriz

Hi =]

here is my sugestion, just a little mod like this:

2008/8/7 Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora@nicubunu.ro>

Paul W. Frields wrote:

would it be possible to move the city landscape up a bit,

and fit in a description like this?

"FUDCon Brno

*2008.09.05 - 07" * <-- Does that make sense as a European notation?

Then all the needed info is in one siNgle frame and we don't need the animation any more (attached)

RazGriz
The Solo_-Wing.
Fedora Ambassador
Diretor de Arte
GNU-LIA--=www.gnu-lia.org
2 Tons Comunicação
Revista Fedora Brasil

Portal O-Gimp
-=-=:Quem constrói a realidade é você.

Old 08-07-2008, 12:07 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Thu, 2008-08-07 at 06:37 -0300, RazGriz wrote:
> Hi =]
>
> here is my sugestion, just a little mod like this:

I think the picture really needs a more contrasting color in the rays.
It makes the picture a little more dyanmic, and the yellow I see there
seems like a good complement to the Fedora blue used in the logo.

--
Paul W. Frields
http://paul.frields.org/ - - http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/

Old 08-07-2008, 12:09 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Thu, 2008-08-07 at 09:41 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Paul W. Frields wrote:
> >
> > would it be possible to move the city landscape up a bit,
> > and fit in a description like this?
> >
> > "FUDCon Brno
> > 2008.09.05 - 07" <-- Does that make sense as a European notation?
>
> Then all the needed info is in one siNgle frame and we don't need the
> animation any more (attached)

Nicu,

This looks GREAT. I'm going to send it on to the site owners since
we're down to "T -30 days."

Old 08-08-2008, 07:16 AM
"Vara Prasad Pepakayala"

Hi frns, this is my frame.. Please comment on this one.. this is my first task. would any one link me to Fedora core font .ttf one.. i will upload the banner with that font.
thank you
Dreko

Paul W. Frields wrote:

would it be possible to move the city landscape up a bit,

and fit in a description like this?

"FUDCon Brno

*2008.09.05 - 07" * <-- Does that make sense as a European notation?

Then all the needed info is in one siNgle frame and we don't need the animation any more (attached)

VaraPrasad.Pepakayala
http://factsrevised.blogspot.com