Old 08-06-2008, 04:55 PM
"Clint Savage"

Default Design Service Request - AmbassadorKit Box

Hi all,

new request on https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/DesignService.
Not sure the protocol here for providing info, but its pretty complete
on the request page.

thanks in advance,

Clint

Old 08-10-2008, 09:36 AM
"ryan lerch"

i have a few queries regarding this request, hopefully to stir up discussion...

1. Do you want a "release specific" versions of this item? for fedora 9, we would obviously use the "make waves" artwork, but then the artwork and printing will need to be done for every release...

2. Does anyone know of how to get these printed / constructed?

cheers,
ryanlerch
ryanlerch@gmail.com*

Old 08-10-2008, 03:01 PM
"Clint Savage"

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 8:49 AM, David Nalley <david@gnsa.us> wrote:
> Ryan,
>
> It's my understanding that these are easy to print and are essentially
> disposable. From that standpoint a release specific item would be
> nice, but I don't know what that does to the amount of work for Art.
> As for how they get printed constructed, they should be able to be
> printed on card stock and taped or glued together. This was really
> designed as a DIY type thing - ie the 'other' distribution would send
> the files for the artwork to be printed and the end user would print,
> cut and assemble.

It would be nice to have them pre-assembled in the future. However,
for a first run, a design of a fold together box would be *exactly*
what we wanted.

Ryan, thanks for picking this up and running with it. Let us know how
we can help. Also, the Italian Ambassadors have been working on a
similar project which I am trying to collaborate. Maybe we'll have
more demand for the boxes and such.

Cheers,

Clint