Old 08-05-2008, 02:36 PM
"Thomas H. George"

Default nVidia G70 with 32 bit Etch Problem

Objective: 32 bit chroot Etch on a system with an AMD 64 bit processor.
Problem: Incorrect video driver for nVidia G70 card.

To start I copied xorg.conf from the primary system - Lenny with an
x86_64 linux kernel image. The display works fine on the primary
system using the nv driver. When it failed on the chroot Etch I went
to the nVidia website and downloaded a program to produce a driver and
ran it from the chroot Etch. It detected the 64 bit processor and
aborted. Next I installed and ran nvidia-xconfig. This changed the
driver from nv to nvidia but when I tried to start gdm it failed with a
message "Failed to load module 'nvidia' (module does not exist, 0)"

Where can I find and download a binary nvidia driver?

Tom