Old 08-04-2008, 02:51 PM
Gmail

Default Errors using debuild for building CPAN package

Trying to install a couple of CPAN modules using dh-make-perl.
I've used wget, and then tar. I descend into the modules directory and
go with: debuild. I get:

sh: gcc: command not found
dpkg-architecture: warning: Couldn't determine gcc system type,
falling back to default (native compilation)

dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${miscepends}
sh: gcc: command not found
dpkg-architecture: warning: Couldn't determine gcc system type,
falling back to default (native compilation)

dh_md5sums
dh_builddeb
dpkg-deb: building package `libstring-random-perl' in `../libstring-
random-perl_0.22-1_all.deb'.

dpkg-genchanges
sh: gcc: command not found
dpkg-architecture: warning: Couldn't determine gcc system type,
falling back to default (native compilation)

dpkg-genchanges: including full source code in upload
dpkg-buildpackage (debuild emulation): full upload; Debian-native
package (full source is included)

Now signing changes and any dsc files...
Could not find a signing program (pgp or gpg)!
debuild: fatal error at line 1155:
running debsign failed

Any tips for a Debian novice?

Old 08-04-2008, 03:04 PM
"Eugene V. Lyubimkin"

Gmail wrote:
> Trying to install a couple of CPAN modules using dh-make-perl.
> I've used wget, and then tar. I descend into the modules directory and
> go with: debuild. I get:
>
> sh: gcc: command not found
> dpkg-architecture: warning: Couldn't determine gcc system type, falling
> back to default (native compilation)
> dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${miscepends}
> sh: gcc: command not found
> dpkg-architecture: warning: Couldn't determine gcc system type, falling
> back to default (native compilation)
> dh_md5sums
> dh_builddeb
> dpkg-deb: building package `libstring-random-perl' in
> `../libstring-random-perl_0.22-1_all.deb'.
> dpkg-genchanges
> sh: gcc: command not found
> dpkg-architecture: warning: Couldn't determine gcc system type, falling
> back to default (native compilation)
> dpkg-genchanges: including full source code in upload
> dpkg-buildpackage (debuild emulation): full upload; Debian-native
> package (full source is included)
> Now signing changes and any dsc files...
> Could not find a signing program (pgp or gpg)!
> debuild: fatal error at line 1155:
> running debsign failed
>
> Any tips for a Debian novice?
Try "dpkg-buildpackage -b", it don't treat debsign errors as fatal.

--
Eugene V. Lyubimkin aka JackYF

Old 08-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI

Gmail wrote:
> Trying to install a couple of CPAN modules using dh-make-perl.
> I've used wget, and then tar. I descend into the modules directory and
> go with: debuild. I get:
>
> sh: gcc: command not found
> dpkg-architecture: warning: Couldn't determine gcc system type,
> falling back to default (native compilation)
> dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${miscepends}
> sh: gcc: command not found
> dpkg-architecture: warning: Couldn't determine gcc system type,
> falling back to default (native compilation)
> dh_md5sums
> dh_builddeb
> dpkg-deb: building package `libstring-random-perl' in
> `../libstring-random-perl_0.22-1_all.deb'.
> dpkg-genchanges
> sh: gcc: command not found
> dpkg-architecture: warning: Couldn't determine gcc system type,
> falling back to default (native compilation)
> dpkg-genchanges: including full source code in upload
> dpkg-buildpackage (debuild emulation): full upload; Debian-native
> package (full source is included)
> Now signing changes and any dsc files...
> Could not find a signing program (pgp or gpg)!
> debuild: fatal error at line 1155:
> running debsign failed
>
> Any tips for a Debian novice?

Apparently you do not have the gcc compiler. It is best to run 'aptitude
install build-essential' to pull it and other basic packages for program
compilation.

However, the module you want seems to be packaged for Debian (as are a
lot of other Perl modules). Install it with 'aptitude install
libstring-random-perl' and it should be done.

--
<|Rain|> with sane code, maybe I could figure out the renderer
<LordHavoc> rain: I'd probably be the one writing the renderer

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br
http://move.to/hpkb