Old 08-04-2008, 12:23 PM
"abdelkader belahcene"

Default wher the config for xorg

Hi,
In previous* release of xorg, debian etch for example , all options of xorg are saved on /etc/X11/xorg.conf,. now with lenny , I don't find in xorg.conf specifications for depth or resolution for example, Where are they stored ?.

On ubuntu,* the monitor caracteristics are stored* (owned by user )* in /home/user/.gnome2/monitors.xml ???? . If I want to change it for all users ???
thanks
bela

*

Old 08-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Thomas Preud'homme

Monday 04 August 2008, abdelkader belahcene wrote*:
> Hi,
> In previous release of xorg, debian etch for example , all options
> of xorg are saved on /etc/X11/xorg.conf,. now with lenny , I don't
> find in xorg.conf specifications for depth or resolution for example,
> Where are they stored ?.

Maybe there is no depth and resolution specifications since xorg is now
able to guess most of the parameters. Try filling xorg.conf accordingly
to what you want. It should work.

> On ubuntu, the monitor caracteristics are stored (owned by user )
> in /home/user/.gnome2/monitors.xml ???? . If I want to change it for
> all users ???
> thanks
> bela

Regards,