Old 08-03-2008, 04:34 AM
sadeq zabihi

Default Wiki

Hello Dear
*
I am tring to install a wiki software on Debian (server) on my network.
But I dont know which wiki software is better for my project (it is not a big project) and how i can install it on debian server.
It it is possible for you please help me about both*(wiki software and Debian)
*
best Regards.
Sadeq Zabihi
Herat - Afghanistan

Old 08-03-2008, 05:25 AM
"Mumia W.."

I am tring to install a wiki software on Debian (server) on my network.

But I dont know which wiki software is better for my project (it is not a big project) and how i can install it on debian server.
It it is possible for you please help me about both (wiki software and Debian)

best Regards.

Sadeq Zabihi
Herat - Afghanistan

There are many wiki packages for Debian. Run this command:

aptitude search wiki

I recommend mediawiki since it's the most popular.

Old 08-03-2008, 07:42 AM
Gilles Mocellin

Le Sunday 03 August 2008 07:25:05 Mumia W.., vous avez Úcrit*:
> On 08/02/2008 11:34 PM, sadeq zabihi wrote:
> > Hello Dear
> >
> > I am tring to install a wiki software on Debian (server) on my network.
> > But I dont know which wiki software is better for my project (it is not a
> > big project) and how i can install it on debian server. It it is possible
> > for you please help me about both (wiki software and Debian)
> >
> > best Regards.
> > Sadeq Zabihi
> > Herat - Afghanistan

> > http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com
>
> There are many wiki packages for Debian. Run this command:
>
> aptitude search wiki
>
> I recommend mediawiki since it's the most popular.

But really not the simpler.

Dokuwiki does not use a database, it's really simple to install and manage.

Concerning the debian way of install a package on Debian, just use aptitude :
# aptitude install dokuwiki

Old 08-03-2008, 09:12 AM
Magnus Therning

sadeq zabihi wrote:
> Hello Dear
>
> I am tring to install a wiki software on Debian (server) on my network.
> But I dont know which wiki software is better for my project (it is
> not a big project) and how i can install it on debian server.
> It it is possible for you please help me about both (wiki software and
> Debian)
>
> best Regards.
> Sadeq Zabihi
> Herat - Afghanistan

It might be worth having a look at trac, it's a combination of wiki, VCS
web interface, and issue tracker.

/M

--
Magnus Therning (OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4)
magnus´╝*therning´╝Äorg Jabber: magnus´╝*therning´╝Äorg

Haskell is an even 'redder' pill than Lisp or Scheme.
-- PaulPotts

Old 08-03-2008, 09:40 AM
"Jon Dowland"

[ oops - replied to OP ]

You'll probably get a different answer from each person, but I think
ikiwiki is one of the best ones since it is very flexible and you can
easily get your data out of it again should you want to (unlike
mediawiki)

Old 08-03-2008, 07:01 PM
Jerry

sadeq zabihi wrote:
> I am tring to install a wiki software on Debian (server) on my network.
> But I dont know which wiki software is better for my project (it is not
> a big project) and how i can install it on debian server.
> It it is possible for you please help me about both (wiki software and
> Debian)

Personally my vote goes for Mediawiki. I like how easy it is to edit
and format.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:55 AM
Joseph Neal

sadeq zabihi wrote:

> I am tring to install a wiki software on Debian (server) on my network.
> But I dont know which wiki software is better for my project (it is not a
> big project) and how i can install it on debian server. It it is possible
> for you please help me about both*(wiki software and Debian)

I'm using moinmoin for one site because it works with FCKeditor and I have
many non-technical users who dislike writing markup of any kind.

Once you install moinmoin-common and python-moinmoin, follow the
instructions in /usr/share/doc/moinmoin-common/README.Debian. Be aware of
this documentation bug:

For small project Dokuwiki works well.

While it's not in debian, I really like WikkaWikki

http://wikkawiki.org/HomePage

Old 08-04-2008, 02:29 AM
Hendrik Boom

On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 10:40:57 +0100, Jon Dowland wrote:

> [ oops - replied to OP ]
>
> You'll probably get a different answer from each person, but I think
> ikiwiki is one of the best ones since it is very flexible and you can
> easily get your data out of it again should you want to (unlike
> mediawiki)

I've heard ikiwiki has recently been integrated with monotone. I suppose
that could give a distributed wiki.

-- hendrik

Old 12-12-2008, 12:44 PM
"Serge Koganovitsch"

Hi,

I would like to add a page to the wiki describing the installation and configuration of Centos 5.2 on a Dell Latitude D830.

My login would be SergeKoganovitsch

Kind regards,

Serge

--
Psssst! Schon vom neuen GMX MultiMessenger geh÷rt? Der kann`s mit allen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger

Old 12-12-2008, 01:15 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Serge Koganovitsch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to add a page to the wiki describing the installation and configuration of Centos 5.2 on a Dell Latitude D830.
>
> My login would be SergeKoganovitsch

Go ahead. You need to add the subpage and the link to that page for
yourself - if you have problems with that, then just shout.

Cheers,

Ralph