Old 08-02-2008, 07:42 PM
Helmut Neumeier

Default serial port no longer working after refresh

today i have refresh my debian etch system and now the serial port is no
longer working i get no data from the port, maybe the problem is comming
from the libc6 because this one was also updated.

when i boot with knoppix everything is working the hardware is ok.

kernel 2.6.18-6-686
libc6 2.3.6.dsl-13etch7

cat /proc/tty/driver/serial
serinfo:1.0 driver revision:
0: uart:16550A port:000003F8 irq:4 tx:0 rx:0
1: uart:unknown port:000002F8 irq:3
2: uart:unknown port:000003E8 irq:4
3: uart:unknown port:000002E8 irq:3

dmesg|grep 8250
Serial: 8250/16550 driver $Revision: 1.90 $ 4 ports, IRQ sharing enabled
serial8250: ttyS0 at I/O 0x3f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A

PC= Toshiba T9000

Old 08-04-2008, 09:27 AM
Chris Bannister

On Sat, Aug 02, 2008 at 09:42:54PM +0200, Helmut Neumeier wrote:
> today i have refresh my debian etch system and now the serial port is no
> longer working i get no data from the port, maybe the problem is comming
> from the libc6 because this one was also updated.
> when i boot with knoppix everything is working the hardware is ok.
>
> kernel 2.6.18-6-686
> libc6 2.3.6.dsl-13etch7
>
> cat /proc/tty/driver/serial
> serinfo:1.0 driver revision:
> 0: uart:16550A port:000003F8 irq:4 tx:0 rx:0
> 1: uart:unknown port:000002F8 irq:3
> 2: uart:unknown port:000003E8 irq:4
> 3: uart:unknown port:000002E8 irq:3
>
> dmesg|grep 8250
> Serial: 8250/16550 driver $Revision: 1.90 $ 4 ports, IRQ sharing enabled
> serial8250: ttyS0 at I/O 0x3f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
>
> PC= Toshiba T9000

What is no longer working? Your external modem?
What error messages are you seeing?

--
Chris.
======