Old 08-02-2008, 06:02 PM
"David Rodriguez"

Default Installing Deluge

Hello Debian Team -

I'm trying to install Deluge on my Ubuntu 8.04, i86. I don't understand
how to add Deluge to my sources.list. I was hoping you can send me
instructions on how to. Thanks.

From,
David

Old 08-02-2008, 06:27 PM
Ron Johnson

On 08/02/08 13:02, David Rodriguez wrote:

Hello Debian Team -

I'm trying to install Deluge on my Ubuntu 8.04, i86. I don't understand
how to add Deluge to my sources.list. I was hoping you can send me
instructions on how to. Thanks.

"Deluge" the BitTorrent client? It's already in the Debian repository.

$ apt-cache policy deluge-torrent
deluge-torrent:
Installed: 0.5.9.3-1
Candidate: 0.5.9.3-1
Version table:
*** 0.5.9.3-1 0
500 ftp://mirrors.kernel.org unstable/main Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

But that isn't very relevant to you, since Ubuntu binary packages
aren't necessarily compatible with Debian.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

Scientists are people, too. IOW, they also "crave power, money,
respect, and influence, and they also fear for their jobs. Each
can be a healthy motivator, but each has the ability to turn a
good scientist into a bad one; and in some cases, they can turn
a good scientist into a charlatan."
http://thefutureofthings.com/book/3/the-bomb-that-never-was.html

Old 08-03-2008, 08:32 AM
Jonathan Kaye

David Rodriguez wrote:

> Hello Debian Team -
>
> I'm trying to install Deluge on my Ubuntu 8.04, i86. I don't understand
> how to add Deluge to my sources.list. I was hoping you can send me
> instructions on how to. Thanks.
>
> From,
> David
Hi David,
Go here: http://deluge-torrent.org/downloads.php
Click on Ubuntu
Cheers,
Jonathan

Old 08-03-2008, 09:10 AM
Ron Johnson

I'm trying to install Deluge on my Ubuntu 8.04, i86. I don't understand
how to add Deluge to my sources.list. I was hoping you can send me
instructions on how to. Thanks.

From,
David

Hi David,
Go here: http://deluge-torrent.org/downloads.php
Click on Ubuntu

Why isn't it in the Ubuntu repository?

Old 08-03-2008, 05:09 PM
"David Fox"

On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 2:10 AM, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
> Why isn't it in the Ubuntu repository?

It is, deluge-torrent and deluge-torrent-common. I just checked.

Old 08-03-2008, 05:51 PM
Ron Johnson

It is, deluge-torrent and deluge-torrent-common. I just checked.

Then (if OP is still reading the list...) what was the purpose of
his question?