Old 08-01-2008, 12:56 PM
darren naidoo

Default i want to only load certain programs on boot

When my system boots it boots with alot of programs. I want to select what i want to load. Thanks

Old 08-01-2008, 01:11 PM
"elijah r."

Hi,

Try:

apt-get install sysv-rc-conf
sysv-rc-conf

http://elijahr.blogspot.com/

Old 08-01-2008, 01:37 PM
"elijah r."

>> When my system boots it boots with alot of programs. I want to select what i want to load. Thanks

Also, I just remembered: when I was doing something similar a few
months ago, I used a program called bootchart to generate a nice PNG
image file that charted how much time each process took during boot.

-Elijah
--
http://elijahr.blogspot.com/