Old 08-01-2008, 10:53 AM
"David Hopkins"

Default General Question Regrading Fedora

At work, we run RHEL5 on these systems. The biggest issue for us is
the video card. ATI just doesn't work very well. Since RHEL5 works,
CentOS should also work.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins

Old 08-01-2008, 05:13 PM
Bruno Wolff III

On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 06:53:46 -0400,
David Hopkins <dahopkins429@gmail.com> wrote:
> At work, we run RHEL5 on these systems. The biggest issue for us is
> the video card. ATI just doesn't work very well. Since RHEL5 works,
> CentOS should also work.

That might be better with Fedora since there has been significant improvements
in ATI video card support in F9. I have a FireGL 3400 card in my machine
at work and glxgears seems to show good 3d accelleration, but I don't
normally do much 3d stuff, so other things might not work as well.