Old 08-01-2008, 09:49 AM
"abdelkader belahcene"

Default how to avoid cheking md5sum ?

*
Hi everybody,
I want to install flashplugin, Ther is an error on md5sum,** I want* to skip it, I mean not check it.
I used the --force-all, but it failed

debian225:/home/bela/Desktop# dpkg --force-all*** -i flashplugin-nonfree_9.0.48.0.0ubuntu1~7.04.1_i386.deb

Download done.

md5sum mismatch install_flash_player_9_linux.tar.gz

The Flash plugin is NOT installed.

thanks for help
bela
*

Old 08-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI

abdelkader belahcene wrote:

> Hi everybody,
> I want to install flashplugin, Ther is an error on md5sum, I want
> to skip it, I mean not check it.
> I used the --force-all, but it failed
>

> debian225:/home/bela/Desktop# dpkg --force-all -i
> flashplugin-nonfree_9.0.48.0.0ubuntu1~7.04.1_i386.deb
> Download done.
>
> md5sum mismatch install_flash_player_9_linux.tar.gz
>
> The Flash plugin is NOT installed.

If the md5sum does not match, it means that there is a problem in the
archive: the files are not what they are supposed to be. This could mean
the download went corrupt, or that someone is doing something nasty.
Even if it is just a problem in the download, a single byte changed, if
it is in a library or executable, can render the program useless and/or
crash your system. That means you definitively should not try installing
the program. Try downloading it again.

Also, I see you are trying to install a Ubuntu package. If your system
is Debian, mixing packages from Ubuntu is not a very good idea.

--
So this is what it feels like to be potato salad

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br
http://move.to/hpkb

Old 08-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Chris Davies

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI <eduardo@kalinowski.com.br> wrote:
> Also, I see you are trying to install a Ubuntu package. If your system
> is Debian, mixing packages from Ubuntu is not a very good idea.

...because of all the (missing) dependencies, or some other reason?

Cheers,
Chris

Old 08-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI

Chris Davies escreveu:

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI <eduardo@kalinowski.com.br> wrote:

Also, I see you are trying to install a Ubuntu package. If your system
is Debian, mixing packages from Ubuntu is not a very good idea.

...because of all the (missing) dependencies, or some other reason?

Because of dependencies, sure. Not only missing, but there might be
conflicting dependencies, and Ubuntu packages might make assumptions
that are not necessarily valid on a Debian system.

But there might be other reasons, too.

Old 08-01-2008, 12:55 PM
"Eugene V. Lyubimkin"

Chris Davies wrote:
> Eduardo M KALINOWSKI <eduardo@kalinowski.com.br> wrote:
>> Also, I see you are trying to install a Ubuntu package. If your system
>> is Debian, mixing packages from Ubuntu is not a very good idea.
>
> ...because of all the (missing) dependencies, or some other reason?
>
> Cheers,
> Chris

I think because some Ubuntu changes is not compatible with Debian and
had not been tested in Debian.

--
Eugene V. Lyubimkin aka JackYF

Old 08-01-2008, 01:32 PM
Telemachus

On Fri Aug 01 2008 @ 1:35, Chris Davies wrote:
> Eduardo M KALINOWSKI <eduardo@kalinowski.com.br> wrote:
> > Also, I see you are trying to install a Ubuntu package. If your system
> > is Debian, mixing packages from Ubuntu is not a very good idea.
>
> ...because of all the (missing) dependencies, or some other reason?
>
> Cheers,
> Chris

Because they're not binary compatible. http://tinyurl.com/652qwj

HTH, T

Old 08-01-2008, 02:23 PM
Chris Davies

Telemachus <telemachus@ld.net.au> wrote:
> Because they're not binary compatible. http://tinyurl.com/652qwj

Ah. Thanks,
Chris

Old 08-04-2008, 01:19 PM
"abdelkader belahcene"

Hi,
Thanks to all,
My question was precise, I know* about dependances, pb between debian and ubuntu* etc...

Please I asked if it possible to run dpkg without checking md5sum !!!!!* just this please.

thanks bela
*

Old 08-05-2008, 03:55 PM
Michelle Konzack

Am 2008-08-01 10:49:05, schrieb abdelkader belahcene:
> Hi everybody,
> I want to install flashplugin, Ther is an error on md5sum, I want to skip
> it, I mean not check it.
> I used the --force-all, but it failed
>

> debian225:/home/bela/Desktop# dpkg --force-all -i
> flashplugin-nonfree_9.0.48.0.0ubuntu1~7.04.1_i386.deb
> Download done.
>
> md5sum mismatch install_flash_player_9_linux.tar.gz
>
> The Flash plugin is NOT installed.

Why not ask on th UBUNTU mailinglists?
This is definitively a problem with UBUNTU and NOT Debian.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
Michelle Konzack
Systemadministrator
24V Electronic Engineer
Tamay Dogan Network
Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

Michelle Konzack Apt. 917 ICQ #328449886
+49/177/9351947 50, rue de Soultz MSN LinuxMichi