Old 08-01-2008, 04:22 AM
"raman narasimhan"

Default MY DVD DRIVE DOES'NT DETECT BINARY1 DVD.. WHY??

MY COMBO DRIVE DETECTS ALL CDS AND DVDS EXCEPT FOR THE DEBIAN BINARY DVDS. HOW DO I SOLVE THE PROBLEM??

Old 08-01-2008, 05:21 AM
"Kumar Appaiah"

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 9:52 AM, raman narasimhan wrote:
> MY COMBO DRIVE DETECTS ALL CDS AND DVDS EXCEPT FOR THE DEBIAN BINARY DVDS.
> HOW DO I SOLVE THE PROBLEM??

First of all, please abstain from using all caps, since it is
interpreted by many that you may be shouting. For a better description
on how to present your questions on a list are described in several
documents like the one below:

As for your query, I would encourage you to try the following:

- Can you use the Debian CD/DVD on another computer?
- Otherwise, did you try burning another ISO and then trying it on your machine?
- By detecting, do you mean opening on your OS or being bootable on
computer switch on?

Please answer these, and we'll try to help you out further.

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah