Old 07-31-2008, 07:42 PM
Bill

Default Using apt-get on a non-default interface

Hi folks,

I'm setting up an iptables firewall with multiple nics.

With the fw not yet configured, I don't want to connect the
default interface (eth0) to the net just yet. So I want to
access the net temporarily through my lan interface (eth1).

Problem is apt-get wants to use the default interface (eth0)

So how do I tell apt-get to use eth1?

I could remove things from the routing table, but is there
another way to do this?

tia,

b.