Old 07-31-2008, 10:00 AM
kj

Default run scrip after dhcp renew?

Hi guys,

I want to have my Lenny workstation run a script after my DHCP lease
gets renewed.

I've managed to get this done after networking starts/restarts, but not
when the lease gets renewed without restarting network. I don't find
any information in dhcp3-client's man pages either.

Anyone know how to do this?

thanks
--kj

Old 07-31-2008, 11:24 AM
Thomas Preud'homme

Le jeudi 31 juillet 2008, kj a écrit*:
> Hi guys,
>
> I want to have my Lenny workstation run a script after my DHCP lease
> gets renewed.
>
> I've managed to get this done after networking starts/restarts, but
> not when the lease gets renewed without restarting network. I don't
> find any information in dhcp3-client's man pages either.
>
> Anyone know how to do this?
>
> thanks
> --kj

Take a look to man dhclient-script. It permit hook in the dhcp protocol.
I'm pretty sure you can have a hook in the lease renewing.

Regards

--
Thomas Preud'homme

Why Debian : http://www.debian.org/intro/why_debian