Old 11-17-2007, 07:00 PM
Michael Fothergill

Default moving files from guest environment to host using QEMU.......

Dear Debianists,

I have a few questions about QEMU. I posted a query a while back about loading cdrom image files into Windows 98 (guest) running under QEMU with Debian Etch r1 (AMD64) as the underlying OS.

I followed the helpful recipes and I loaded some software on to Windows 98 and was happy with the result.

Thanks for the help.

There is one thing that I am not so sure about however.

How are you supposed to export files out of the Windows 98 guest environment in to the Linux file tree?

If you were to copy the file to a “cdrom” in the guest environment would that end up producing an iso file in the Linux environment?

Or is there a simpler method to get files out of the guest environment to the host one?

There are ways to write files from the guest environment to the Linux disk but there is a warning about data corruption if you aren't careful.

I am looking for a relatively safe and simple way to get files created with software in the guest environment into the host area.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Regards

Michael Fothergill

Celeb spotting – Play CelebMashup and win cool prizes
https://www.celebmashup.com