FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 07-30-2008, 11:15 PM
Thomas Preud'homme
 
Default GFS ... cluster.conf doesn't exist

Le mercredi 30 juillet 2008, Bob a écrit*:
> running debian etch:
>
> I tried installing all gfs / cluster related packages, and found that
> none of them created an /etc/cluster/cluster.conf file.
>
> I also found at least 1 bug report regarding this, and an indication
> that the bug was resolved on the newer versions of the packages which
> are part of the lenny dist (or back-ported).
>
> So - I downloaded all related and dependent packages in the newer
> versions, and installed all of them, only to find the exact same
> problem - NO /etc/cluster/cluster.conf file!!!
>
> I'm less concerned about creating my own .conf file, than I am about
> what else may NOT have happened during installation.
>
> Has anyone else had any experience with GFS under debian?
> If you were successful, what versions / packages did you use?
> Are there any un-documented gotcha's / tip's you can offer?
>
> TIA! -
> Bob

some dpkg -L | grep etc on these package don't show anything ?

Regards

--
Thomas Preud'homme

Why Debian : http://www.debian.org/intro/why_debian
 
Old 07-30-2008, 11:58 PM
Bob
 
Default GFS ... cluster.conf doesn't exist

On Jul 30, 6:20 pm, Thomas Preud'homme <thomas.preudho...@celest.fr>
wrote:
> Le mercredi 30 juillet 2008, Bob a écrit :
[SNIP]
>
> > I tried installing all gfs / cluster related packages, and found that
> > none of them created an /etc/cluster/cluster.conf file.
>
[SNIP]
>
> some dpkg -L | grep etc on these package don't show anything ?
>
> Regards
>
> --
> Thomas Preud'homme
>

Thomas - TX for your reply;

that is correct. I can run dpkg -L for all related packages, and not 1
of them includes the /etc/cluster/cluster.conf file.
Having said that - I must also point out that it's certainly possible
that this file is supposed to be generated thru an install script.
Clearly that isn't happening either - IF that's what is supposed to
happen...

problem is - I don't even know which package is responsible for this
file!!

TIA - Bob


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 07-31-2008, 08:18 AM
Thomas Preud'homme
 
Default GFS ... cluster.conf doesn't exist

Le jeudi 31 juillet 2008, Bob a écrit*:
> On Jul 30, 6:20 pm, Thomas Preud'homme <thomas.preudho...@celest.fr>
>
> wrote:
> > Le mercredi 30 juillet 2008, Bob a écrit :
>
> [SNIP]
>
> > > I tried installing all gfs / cluster related packages, and found
> > > that none of them created an /etc/cluster/cluster.conf file.
>
> [SNIP]
>
> > some dpkg -L | grep etc on these package don't show anything ?
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > --
> > Thomas Preud'homme
>
> Thomas - TX for your reply;
>
> that is correct. I can run dpkg -L for all related packages, and not
> 1 of them includes the /etc/cluster/cluster.conf file.
> Having said that - I must also point out that it's certainly possible
> that this file is supposed to be generated thru an install script.
> Clearly that isn't happening either - IF that's what is supposed to
> happen...
>
> problem is - I don't even know which package is responsible for this
> file!!
>
> TIA - Bob

Usually it's not. Files are included in the package and repertoried
somewhere in the package to have a smart management of configuration
file. You know that system which ask you which version you want to keep
when you do an upgrade and the conf file has been modifed by you.

Maybe you could submit a whishlist or minor bug on the BTS to ask for a
default configuration in this file.

Regards

--
Thomas Preud'homme

Why Debian : http://www.debian.org/intro/why_debian
 
Old 07-31-2008, 04:21 PM
Bob
 
Default GFS ... cluster.conf doesn't exist

On Jul 31, 3:20 am, Thomas Preud'homme <thomas.preudho...@celest.fr>
wrote:
> Le jeudi 31 juillet 2008, Bob a écrit :
>
>
>
> > On Jul 30, 6:20 pm, Thomas Preud'homme <thomas.preudho...@celest.fr>
>
> > wrote:
> > > Le mercredi 30 juillet 2008, Bob a écrit :
>
> > [SNIP]
>
> > > > I tried installing all gfs / cluster related packages, and found
> > > > that none of them created an /etc/cluster/cluster.conf file.
>
> > [SNIP]
>
> > > some dpkg -L | grep etc on these package don't show anything ?
>
> > > Regards
>
> > > --
> > > Thomas Preud'homme
>
> > Thomas - TX for your reply;
>
> > that is correct. I can run dpkg -L for all related packages, and not
> > 1 of them includes the /etc/cluster/cluster.conf file.
> > Having said that - I must also point out that it's certainly possible
> > that this file is supposed to be generated thru an install script.
> > Clearly that isn't happening either - IF that's what is supposed to
> > happen...
>
> > problem is - I don't even know which package is responsible for this
> > file!!
>
> > TIA - Bob
>
> Usually it's not. Files are included in the package and repertoried
> somewhere in the package to have a smart management of configuration
> file. You know that system which ask you which version you want to keep
> when you do an upgrade and the conf file has been modifed by you.
>
> Maybe you could submit a whishlist or minor bug on the BTS to ask for a
> default configuration in this file.
>
> Regards
>
> --
> Thomas Preud'homme

Thomas, TX again for your reply...

There have already been bug submissions, so I won't bother with
that... although, the submissions claim it fixed in the next version -
I find the same problem with that version also.
As long as I don't have to worry about what else didn't happen during
a package install, I can easily create my own conf file...

TX again for your help!
Bob


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:44 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org