Old 07-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Paul Cartwright

Default kdeprintd error

ok, I'm not sure what to fix. My wife tried to print an email message, and she
gets this error:

A print error occurred. Error message received from system:

Unable to start child print process. The KDE print server (kdeprintd) could
not be contacted. Check that this server is running.

on My local account, I pull up kmail, and print any message I want. Whats
wrong and how do I fix it?
I am using cups, and it is running.
running Lenny, with latest updates.

--