Old 07-30-2008, 08:16 AM
Lubos Vrbka

Default xrandr1.2 in etch

hi guys,

is there any possibility to get xrandr1.2 in etch, other than upgrading
to lenny? i am a bit afraid of 'selectively' upgrading only xorg, since
in my opinion, it might break too many things (due to xorg/libraries

dependencies) - or would you recommend taking this route?

the problem is that the version 1.1 of randr doesn't support all the
nifty features the new intel xorg driver offers - i think that, e.g.,
this guy describes the same problem

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-hardware-18/intel-driver-with-xrandr-multiple-displays-not-detectedreported-644348/

thanks for any hints.

best,

--
Lubos _@_"
http://www.lubos.vrbka.net

Old 07-30-2008, 08:39 AM
Andrei Popescu

On Wed,30.Jul.08, 10:16:49, Lubos Vrbka wrote:
> hi guys,
>
> is there any possibility to get xrandr1.2 in etch, other than upgrading to
> lenny? i am a bit afraid of 'selectively' upgrading only xorg, since in my
> opinion, it might break too many things (due to xorg/libraries
> dependencies) - or would you recommend taking this route?

Did you try backports?

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)

Old 07-30-2008, 10:04 AM
Lubos Vrbka

is there any possibility to get xrandr1.2 in etch, ...

Did you try backports?
hm, that would probably be a possibility. actually, do you suggest
installing the whole xbase-clients from backports, or just downloading
the package, unpacking, and using the new xrandr 1.2 binary?

best,

--
Lubos _@_"
http://www.lubos.vrbka.net

Old 07-30-2008, 11:26 AM
Lubos Vrbka

Did you try backports?

actually, the backports xbase-clients
xbase-clients_6.9.0.dfsg.1-6~bpo.4_i386.deb
contains the old version of xrandr (1.1) as well... so the upgrade seems
to be the only way to go...

best,

--
Lubos _@_"
http://www.lubos.vrbka.net

Old 07-30-2008, 12:10 PM
"Thomas Preud'homme"

The Wednesday 30 July 2008 13:26:09 Lubos Vrbka, you wrote*:
> > Did you try backports?
>
> actually, the backports xbase-clients
> xbase-clients_6.9.0.dfsg.1-6~bpo.4_i386.deb
> contains the old version of xrandr (1.1) as well... so the upgrade seems
> to be the only way to go...
>
> best,
>
> --
> Lubos _@_"
> http://www.lubos.vrbka.net

You could try making your own backport. apt-get build-dep <packagename> &&
apt-get source -b <packagename>

Regards

--
Thomas Preud'homme