Old 07-29-2008, 01:10 AM
"Lubos Rendek"

Default Microsoft-IIS/6.0 - US - Debian mirror?

Hi Guys,

I'm just wondering what is the reason that Debian US mirror is running
on Microsoft-IIS/6.0? Or at least this is what my browser shows when I
go to: http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/etch/
--
lubo
http://www.linuxconfig.org/

Old 07-29-2008, 01:28 AM
Brian Marshall

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 18:10:20 -0700
"Lubos Rendek" <linuksos@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm just wondering what is the reason that Debian US mirror is running
> on Microsoft-IIS/6.0? Or at least this is what my browser shows when I
> go to: http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/etch/

Where do you see that? It's using Apache.

--
Brian

Old 07-29-2008, 02:07 AM
Josh Miller

Brian Marshall wrote:

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 18:10:20 -0700
I'm just wondering what is the reason that Debian US mirror is running
on Microsoft-IIS/6.0? Or at least this is what my browser shows when I
go to: http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/etch/

Where do you see that? It's using Apache.

I also saw that a couple weeks ago... Definitely was IIS 6.0.

--
Josh Miller - RHCE, VCP
Linux Solutions Provider

Old 07-29-2008, 02:07 AM
Raquel

http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph?site=http.us.debian.org

--
Raquel

Old 07-29-2008, 02:27 AM
steve

Old 07-29-2008, 02:38 AM
"Lubos Rendek"

I gets displayed on my firefox browser when I navigate to:

Old 07-29-2008, 02:41 AM
"Lubos Rendek"

thanks Steve,

good reason. I'm not picky this was just out of my curiosity because I
could not get my head around it :-)

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 7:27 PM, steve <sfreilly@roadrunner.com> wrote:

lubo
http://www.linuxconfig.org/

Old 07-29-2008, 02:42 AM
John Hasler

Netcraft shows the same IP jumping back and forth between IIS and Apache.
Seems unlikely.
--
John Hasler

Old 07-29-2008, 02:43 AM
Ron Johnson

Old 07-29-2008, 03:12 AM
lubo

yep, some sorts of load balancing is involved.

here is the one with IIS on it:

http://35.9.37.225/debian/dists/etch/
--
lubo
http://www.linuxconfig.org/

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 7:42 PM, John Hasler <jhasler@debian.org> wrote:
> Netcraft shows the same IP jumping back and forth between IIS and Apache.
> Seems unlikely.
> --
> John Hasler

lubo