Old 07-28-2008, 08:41 PM
Brad Rogers

Default where does iceweasel store the setting for controlling site passwords

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 16:29:34 -0400
Mitchell Laks <mlaks@post.harvard.edu> wrote:

Hello Mitchell,

> edit->preferences -> security ->passwords
> location is only for remembering passwords not for remembering login
> names.

The two are inextricably linked; It's possible to have more than one
account on a site, with different UIDs and passwords. If only the
passwords are stored, how is Iceweasel to know which one is which?

Anyhow, there are some sites that, for whatever reason, Iceweasel will
not store password or UID/password. It's something to do with the way
the relevant login pages are written.

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is

Buy some love at the five and dime
You Have Placed A Chill In My Heart - Eurythmics

Old 07-28-2008, 11:32 PM
"Brian McKee"

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 4:29 PM, Mitchell Laks <mlaks@post.harvard.edu> wrote:
> On 18:14 Mon 28 Jul , Florian Kulzer wrote:
>> Go to: Edit -> Preferences -> Security -> Remember Passwords for Sites
>> then remove the public library from the "Exceptions..." list
>
> the site in question is not listed there. That only lists my bank.
>
> there must be some other place that lists the sites which it will post the
> logins for
> not the passwords.

If it's filling in the username, but not the password, the site may be
remembering you via a cookie. Often there is a 'remember me on this
site' checkbox somewhere, but there doesn't have to be.

Brian

Old 07-30-2008, 12:45 AM
Raj Kiran Grandhi