Old 07-28-2008, 06:46 PM
Sven Joachim

Default force aptitude untrusted cli

On 2008-07-28 20:18 +0200, Shachar Or wrote:

> Is there a way to make aptitude install untrusted packages, in command-line,
> without asking?

Yes. But why do you want to do this?

Sven

Old 07-28-2008, 07:02 PM
Telemachus

On Mon Jul 28 2008 @ 9:18, Shachar Or wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Is there a way to make aptitude install untrusted packages, in command-line,
> without asking?

Check "man aptitude" first:

--allow-untrusted
Install packages from untrusted sources without prompting. You should
only use this if you know what you are doing, as it could easily
compromise your system's security.

HTH, T

Old 07-28-2008, 07:17 PM
Shachar Or

On Monday 28 July 2008 21:46, Sven Joachim wrote:
> On 2008-07-28 20:18 +0200, Shachar Or wrote:
> > Is there a way to make aptitude install untrusted packages, in
> > command-line, without asking?
>
> Yes. But why do you want to do this?
1. add the backports and debian-multimedia repositories to the sources.list
2. install the debian-backports-keyring and debian-multimedia-keyring packages
3. aptitude update

In order to do this interactively, I want this option.

--
Shachar Or | שחר אור
http://ox.freeallweb.org/

Old 07-28-2008, 08:03 PM
Sven Joachim

On 2008-07-28 21:17 +0200, Shachar Or wrote:

> On Monday 28 July 2008 21:46, Sven Joachim wrote:
>> On 2008-07-28 20:18 +0200, Shachar Or wrote:
>> > Is there a way to make aptitude install untrusted packages, in
>> > command-line, without asking?
>>
>> Yes. But why do you want to do this?
> 1. add the backports and debian-multimedia repositories to the sources.list
> 2. install the debian-backports-keyring and debian-multimedia-keyring packages
> 3. aptitude update
>
> In order to do this interactively, I want this option.

You don't need this option. Aptitude will warn you that it is about to
install untrusted packages and ask you to confirm that action.

Sven

Old 07-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Shachar Or

On Monday 28 July 2008 23:03, Sven Joachim wrote:
> On 2008-07-28 21:17 +0200, Shachar Or wrote:
> >>
> >> Yes. But why do you want to do this?
> >
> > 1. add the backports and debian-multimedia repositories to the
> > sources.list 2. install the debian-backports-keyring and
> > debian-multimedia-keyring packages 3. aptitude update
> >
> > In order to do this interactively, I want this option.

Did I say "interactiveley"? I meant non-interactively.

--
Shachar Or | שחר אור
http://ox.freeallweb.org/

Old 07-28-2008, 08:39 PM
Shachar Or

On Monday 28 July 2008 22:02, Telemachus wrote:
> On Mon Jul 28 2008 @ 9:18, Shachar Or wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > Is there a way to make aptitude install untrusted packages, in
> > command-line, without asking?
>
> Check "man aptitude" first:
>
> --allow-untrusted
> Install packages from untrusted sources without prompting. You should
> only use this if you know what you are doing, as it could easily
> compromise your system's security.

Seems this isn't in etch. What version are you running?

--
Shachar Or | שחר אור
http://ox.freeallweb.org/

Old 07-28-2008, 09:06 PM
Telemachus

On Mon Jul 28 2008 @ 11:39, Shachar Or wrote:
> On Monday 28 July 2008 22:02, Telemachus wrote:
> > On Mon Jul 28 2008 @ 9:18, Shachar Or wrote:
> > > Hello!
> > >
> > > Is there a way to make aptitude install untrusted packages, in
> > > command-line, without asking?
> >
> > Check "man aptitude" first:
> >
> > --allow-untrusted
> > Install packages from untrusted sources without prompting. You should
> > only use this if you know what you are doing, as it could easily
> > compromise your system's security.
>
> Seems this isn't in etch. What version are you running?

Ah, sorry then. I'm using Lenny, aptitude 0.4.11.4

I knew I had seen the option, and I didn't think of how recently it got
there. (No idea, actually, how recent it is.)

Old 07-29-2008, 11:22 AM
Sven Joachim

On 2008-07-28 22:38 +0200, Shachar Or wrote:

> Did I say "interactiveley"? I meant non-interactively.

Why do you need to do it non-interactively? Installing the keyring
packages is a one-time operation, nothing to put into a cron job...

Sven

Old 07-29-2008, 11:31 AM
Sven Joachim

On 2008-07-28 23:06 +0200, Telemachus wrote:

> On Mon Jul 28 2008 @ 11:39, Shachar Or wrote:

>> > Check "man aptitude" first:
>> >
>> > --allow-untrusted
>> > Install packages from untrusted sources without prompting. You should
>> > only use this if you know what you are doing, as it could easily
>> > compromise your system's security.
>>
>> Seems this isn't in etch. What version are you running?
>
> Ah, sorry then. I'm using Lenny, aptitude 0.4.11.4

In etch you would need to set Aptitude::Ignore-Trust-Violations to true,
i.e. use

# aptitude -o Aptitude::Ignore-Trust-Violations=true install <packages>

Sven

Old 07-29-2008, 01:44 PM
Shachar Or

On Tuesday 29 July 2008 14:22, Sven Joachim wrote:
> On 2008-07-28 22:38 +0200, Shachar Or wrote:
> > Did I say "interactiveley"? I meant non-interactively.
>
> Why do you need to do it non-interactively? Installing the keyring
> packages is a one-time operation, nothing to put into a cron job...
This is for an automatic system setup script. I'm going to help computer shop
owners sell preinstalled debian. Hurrah!

--
Shachar Or | שחר אור
http://ox.freeallweb.org/