Old 07-28-2008, 03:55 PM
Mitchell Laks

Default where does iceweasel store the setting for controlling site passwords

Hi,
generally iceweasel remembers my passwords and logins to site.
i think at one site i by accident clicked on 'dont remember login
for this site' or something. now it expects me to enter
the id and password by hand which is irritating.

although by now I remember my 14 digit number login to the
public library

i would like to reset it * for this site only* to remember it
automatically

where is that kind of control data stored for iceweasel?

thanks
mitchell

Old 07-28-2008, 04:14 PM
Florian Kulzer

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 11:55:27 -0400, Mitchell Laks wrote:
> Hi,
> generally iceweasel remembers my passwords and logins to site.
> i think at one site i by accident clicked on 'dont remember login
> for this site' or something. now it expects me to enter
> the id and password by hand which is irritating.
>
> although by now I remember my 14 digit number login to the
> public library
>
> i would like to reset it * for this site only* to remember it
> automatically
>
> where is that kind of control data stored for iceweasel?

Go to: Edit -> Preferences -> Security -> Remember Passwords for Sites
then remove the public library from the "Exceptions..." list

Florian |

Old 07-28-2008, 04:44 PM
Mitchell Laks

On 09:07 Mon 28 Jul , ss11223 wrote:

> > --
>
> Preferences -> security -> Passwords Section / Exceptions button

Thank you all for this suggestion, but it is actually wrong.

For instance I see only 3 entries there, which relate to banks etc
that I chose to enter the password each time.

I guess this setting
Preferences -> security -> Passwords Section / Exceptions button

remembers the password.

I am talking about remembering the
*login name
which in this case is very long
and then i enter a 4 digit password.

this is a setting that governs the LOGIN
which is the first
thing presented when you get to the site.

then after you which you enter the password.

This is the first question that iceweasel asks
not the second thing which is remember the password.

Thanks,

Mitchell

Old 07-28-2008, 08:29 PM
Mitchell Laks

On 18:14 Mon 28 Jul , Florian Kulzer wrote:
> Go to: Edit -> Preferences -> Security -> Remember Passwords for Sites
> then remove the public library from the "Exceptions..." list
>
> --
Dear Florian,

the site in question is not listed there. That only lists my bank.

there must be some other place that lists the sites which it will post the
logins for
not the passwords.

teh
edit->preferences -> security ->passwords
location is only for remembering passwords not for remembering login names.

very odd.

mitchell

Old 07-28-2008, 08:48 PM
Florian Kulzer

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 16:29:34 -0400, Mitchell Laks wrote:
> On 18:14 Mon 28 Jul , Florian Kulzer wrote:
> > Go to: Edit -> Preferences -> Security -> Remember Passwords for Sites
> > then remove the public library from the "Exceptions..." list
> >
> > --
> Dear Florian,
>
> the site in question is not listed there. That only lists my bank.
>
> there must be some other place that lists the sites which it will post the
> logins for
> not the passwords.
>
> teh
> edit->preferences -> security ->passwords
> location is only for remembering passwords not for remembering login names.

If you look at

Edit -> Preferences -> Saved_Passwords...

do you see an entry for the library site, possibly with an empty user
name? If you delete this entry and afterwards enter username plus
password on the site once more then iceweasel should offer you to store
the full login credentials again.

Florian |

Old 07-29-2008, 11:02 PM
KS

Mitchell Laks wrote:
> On 18:14 Mon 28 Jul , Florian Kulzer wrote:
>> Go to: Edit -> Preferences -> Security -> Remember Passwords for Sites
>> then remove the public library from the "Exceptions..." list
>>
>> --
> Dear Florian,
>
> the site in question is not listed there. That only lists my bank.
>
> there must be some other place that lists the sites which it will post the
> logins for
> not the passwords.
>
> teh
> edit->preferences -> security ->passwords
> location is only for remembering passwords not for remembering login names.
>
> very odd.
>
> mitchell

Usually Iceweasel/Firefox remembers what you filled in a form. However,
sometimes the webpage has some javascript code which disables the
auto-fill feature. For forms, when you double click on the form field,
it normally shows the values which you had filled up earlier.

I had helped someone long time ago with similar problem. I had installed
an javascript bookmarklet to disable to feature from the page. Will see
if I can find it again.

HTH,
/KS

Old 07-29-2008, 11:15 PM
KS

KS wrote:
> Mitchell Laks wrote:
>> On 18:14 Mon 28 Jul , Florian Kulzer wrote:
>>> Go to: Edit -> Preferences -> Security -> Remember Passwords for Sites
>>> then remove the public library from the "Exceptions..." list
>>>
>>> --
>> Dear Florian,
>>
>> the site in question is not listed there. That only lists my bank.
>>
>> there must be some other place that lists the sites which it will post the
>> logins for
>> not the passwords.
>>
>> teh
>> edit->preferences -> security ->passwords
>> location is only for remembering passwords not for remembering login names.
>>
>> very odd.
>>
>> mitchell
>>

> Usually Iceweasel/Firefox remembers what you filled in a form. However,
> sometimes the webpage has some javascript code which disables the
> auto-fill feature. For forms, when you double click on the form field,
> it normally shows the values which you had filled up earlier.
>
> I had helped someone long time ago with similar problem. I had installed
> an javascript bookmarklet to disable to feature from the page. Will see
> if I can find it again.
>
> HTH,
> /KS

I *think* I had used this one