Old 07-28-2008, 02:41 PM
"Santanu Chatterjee"

Default Software to send group SMS

Hello Everybody,

Is there any software (in Linux) that can be used to send group SMS
via a mobile connected to it? (I am using Motorola L7)

Gammu detects my mobile and can send SMS (I am
using this from python-gammu), but without any special group SMS
sending capability, I am having to send an SMS to each member in a
group iteratively, which takes a lot of time.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Regards,
Santanu Chatterjee

Old 07-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Mark Allums

Santanu Chatterjee wrote:

Hello Everybody,

Is there any software (in Linux) that can be used to send group SMS
via a mobile connected to it? (I am using Motorola L7)

Gammu detects my mobile and can send SMS (I am
using this from python-gammu), but without any special group SMS
sending capability, I am having to send an SMS to each member in a
group iteratively, which takes a lot of time.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Regards,
Santanu Chatterjee

Have you looked for a Thunderbird/Icedove plugin? Or thought about
writing one? (That sounds like it would be a good thing to have.)

(Assuming you would be willing to switch to Mozilla or any GUI-based
thing, rather than continue to use gammu.)

Mark Allums

Old 07-30-2008, 01:49 PM
"Santanu Chatterjee"

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 8:15 PM, Mark Allums <mark@allums.com> wrote:
> ...<snip>
> ...Perhaps you should post this back to the list itself and ask
> again.

Oops. Sorry. I meant to post my reply to the list itself, but sent it
to your mail
address (because of the return path I guess)

Thanks for your response though.

Please keep sending your (I mean everybody) suggestions.
In the meantime, I will try the gammu mailing list and google of course.

Regards,
Santanu Chatterjee