Old 07-27-2008, 08:43 PM
Marc Shapiro

Default Printing from GIMP

I recently purchased a new printer and drivers were not available for it
in Etch, which I am running. Gutenprint 5.0.2 has the necessary drivers
and I compiled it from source and the printer works great. My problem
is that there are no 'Print' options on the GIMP menus. I am running
the version of GIMP from the Debian Etch repository. How do I get
Debian's GIMP to recognize the compiled from source gutenprint 5.0.2 and
allow me to print directly from GIMP.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com

Old 07-27-2008, 09:38 PM
Mr Smiley

Hi,

you have to install gimp-print

apt-get install gimp-print

then under file, at the bottom 'print' should appear. Go in there and set up your printers

Hope that helps

Old 07-27-2008, 09:46 PM
Thomas Preud'homme

Le dimanche 27 juillet 2008, Marc Shapiro a écrit*:
> I recently purchased a new printer and drivers were not available for
> it in Etch, which I am running. Gutenprint 5.0.2 has the necessary
> drivers and I compiled it from source and the printer works great.
> My problem is that there are no 'Print' options on the GIMP menus. I
> am running the version of GIMP from the Debian Etch repository. How
> do I get Debian's GIMP to recognize the compiled from source
> gutenprint 5.0.2 and allow me to print directly from GIMP.
>
> --
> Marc Shapiro
> mshapiro_42@yahoo.com

Silly question but to you have gimp-print installed ?

--
Thomas Preud'homme

Why Debian : http://www.debian.org/intro/why_debian