Old 07-27-2008, 11:05 AM
Csanyi Pal

Default mixed (stable & sid) system - Dynamic MMap ran out of room

Hello!

I have Debian Etch en Half system.

I want to install from SID ion3 package so I follow the apt-howto and
edited apt.conf and sources.list for this purpose:

apt.conf:
APT:efault-Release "stable";

sources.list:
deb http://ftp.hu.debian.org/debian/ sid main non-free contrib
deb-src http://ftp.hu.debian.org/debian/ sid main non-free contrib

'sudo aptitude update' command give to me error message:

Fetched 427kB in 29s (14.2kB/s)
Reading package lists... Error!
E: Dynamic MMap ran out of room
E: Error occurred while processing specto (NewVersion1)
E: Problem with MergeList
/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.hu.debian.org_debian_dists_sid_main_binary-i386_Packages
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
E: Couldn't rebuild package cache

How can I solve this problem?

Any advices will be appreciated!

--