Old 07-27-2008, 04:21 AM
Dennis Wicks

Default Wi-Fi in Inspiron 1720 - Help!

Greetings;

I have lenny running very good except for one big
hangup. I can't get the wireless card to work. It shows
in lspci as a Broadcom BCM4310 USB Controller.

I have read many many how-to's and forum threads on how
to get it to work, but after several days of attempts
and retries, no joy.

Has any one gotten one of these "cards" to work?

BTW I am running Lenny at 2.6.25-2-686.

Many TIA for any help.

Dennis

Old 07-29-2008, 06:48 PM
"j t"

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 5:21 AM, Dennis Wicks <wix@mgssub.com> wrote:
> I have lenny running very good except for one big hangup. I can't get the
> wireless card to work. It shows in lspci as a Broadcom BCM4310 USB
> Controller.

Disclaimer: I don't own and have never owned one of these cards...

I suspect you've seen it already, but the information on
http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/b43
doesn't look good. Your best option (aside from buying something else
to replace it with, preferably atheros-based) might be ndiswrapper
(I've had various levels of success using ndiswrapper with windows
drivers in the past, but it's far from an ideal long-term solution).

Sorry I can't be of more help.