Old 07-27-2008, 02:33 AM
Oscar Corte

Default What is ~~ into inittab?

Hi all:

I've been reading about the boot process and the inittab file. So far I understand about the fields separated by “:”, etc.

At some point my inittab file contains :

# What to do in single-user mode.
~~:S:wait:/sbin/sulogin

Could somebody give me a hint about what does the “~~” means at the 'id' field?

All I know is that this sign (~) is a reference to the user's home directory

Thanks in advance for any answers

Regards

Oscar