Old 07-26-2008, 07:26 PM
wardenik

Default Monitoring Intel RAID mdadm/dmraid?

Hi,

I have a server which is running the below controller:

lspci -vvv | grep RAID
00:1f.2 RAID bus controller: Intel Corporation 631xESB/632xESB SATA
Storage Controller RAID (rev 09)
dmesg | grep RAID
ahci 0000:00:1f.2: AHCI 0001.0100 32 slots 6 ports 3 Gbps 0x3f impl
RAID mode

Anybody monitored this controller? Should I use mdadm? or dmraid?
I just want to monitor for out of sync problems, because the RAID1 has
been setup via controller BIOS.
So in fact I just have to pull the RAID information from the
controller to a config file and then just to monitor for status.
Any hints?

Thanks!