-   -   iw page scroll speed (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/131248-iw-page-scroll-speed.html)

Hugo Vanwoerkom 07-24-2008 11:30 PM

iw page scroll speed

Hi,

I want to make the page scroll speed in iceweasel 3 with my mousewheel
more responsive. It's way too slow now. I sit twiddling the wheel and
nothing happens.

Browsing the forums brings no solution.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Hugo

Thomas Preud'homme 07-24-2008 11:39 PM

iw page scroll speed

Le vendredi 25 juillet 2008, Hugo Vanwoerkom a écrit*:
> Hi,
>
> I want to make the page scroll speed in iceweasel 3 with my
> mousewheel more responsive. It's way too slow now. I sit twiddling
> the wheel and nothing happens.
>
> Browsing the forums brings no solution.
>
> Anyone have a suggestion?
>
> Hugo

There was an extension in iceweasel 2 which did that, I don't know if it
still exists in iceweasel 3. I think the name was smoothwheel.

Regards

--
Why Debian : http://www.debian.org/intro/why_debian

Thilo Six 07-25-2008 07:03 AM

iw page scroll speed

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote the following on 25.07.2008 01:30

> Hi,
>
> I want to make the page scroll speed in iceweasel 3 with my mousewheel
> more responsive. It's way too slow now. I sit twiddling the wheel and
> nothing happens.
>
> Browsing the forums brings no solution.
>
> Anyone have a suggestion?
>
> Hugo

mousewheel.withnokey.numlines = $LINES_TO_SCROLL
mousewheel.withnokey.sysnumlines = false

you might also want:
mousewheel.withshiftkey.action = 1
--
HTH Thilo

key: 0x4A411E09

Hugo Vanwoerkom 07-25-2008 12:01 PM

iw page scroll speed

Thomas Preud'homme wrote:

I want to make the page scroll speed in iceweasel 3 with my
mousewheel more responsive. It's way too slow now. I sit twiddling
the wheel and nothing happens.

Browsing the forums brings no solution.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Hugo

There was an extension in iceweasel 2 which did that, I don't know if it
still exists in iceweasel 3. I think the name was smoothwheel.

Smoothwheel does it, but it also disables the top second wheel to go
back/fore a page.

Hugo

Hugo Vanwoerkom 07-25-2008 03:17 PM

iw page scroll speed

Thilo Six wrote:

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote the following on 25.07.2008 01:30

Hi,

I want to make the page scroll speed in iceweasel 3 with my mousewheel
more responsive. It's way too slow now. I sit twiddling the wheel and
nothing happens.

Browsing the forums brings no solution.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Hugo

mousewheel.withnokey.numlines = $LINES_TO_SCROLL
mousewheel.withnokey.sysnumlines = false

you might also want:
mousewheel.withshiftkey.action = 1

Those are set to:

mousewheel.withnokey.action = 2
mousewheel.withnokey.numlines = -1
mousewheel.withnokey.sysnumlines = false

And if I change them then the second top wheel does not work to go
back/fore a page.

what does:

mousewheel.withshiftkey.action = 1

do?

or did you mean:

mousewheel.withnokey.action = 1

Hugo

Thilo Six 07-25-2008 04:15 PM

iw page scroll speed

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote the following on 25.07.2008 17:17

Hi Hugo

</snip>

> mousewheel.withnokey.action = 2
> mousewheel.withnokey.numlines = -1
> mousewheel.withnokey.sysnumlines = false
>
> And if I change them then the second top wheel does not work to go
> back/fore a page.

just found this which might be of interest to you:
http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20050821141856688

> what does:
>
> mousewheel.withshiftkey.action = 1
>
> do?
>
> or did you mean:
>
> mousewheel.withnokey.action = 1
>

> Hugo

there are 4 key combinations which can be defind:
withcontrolkey
withshiftkey
withaltkey
withnokey

with the 'action' flag you tell it what to do:
0 = scroll per line
1 = scroll half a page
2 = move fore and backward through history
3 = zoom text

now combine those the way you like it.

So 'mousewheel.withshiftkey.action = 1' means 'scroll half a page per
mousewheel when shilft is pressed simultaneously'.
--
bye Thilo

key: 0x4A411E09

Hugo Vanwoerkom 07-26-2008 12:52 PM

iw page scroll speed

Thilo Six wrote:

[...]

Thanks! And thanks for that reference. Indeed that *does* make a
difference. I changed:

mousewheel.withnokey.action;1 (was 0)
mousewheel.withnokey.numlines;3 (was 1)

And things are much better now.