Old 07-23-2008, 12:27 PM
Paul Cartwright

Default will not reboot

I have a Dell desktop, Intel Duo Core, 2Gb ram, running Lenny, 2.6.25.2-686. I
don't reboot often, but I was recently away on vacation and went to shut down
( then was 2.6.24-1 ) . It gets to a point where it says rebooting, after
what I think is MOST processes were shut down, then it just sits there, and
my keyboard is dead ( caps lock light doesn't come on..) and I have to hold
in the OFF button for 6 seconds, to turn it off. It still did it yesterday
when I went to the 2.6.25-2 kernel.
what do I look for as far as stuck processes or logs??
--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800