Old 07-23-2008, 11:31 AM

Default networking crash suddenly in my home LAN

Hello!

I have at home a small LAN with Debian GNU/Linux Etch boxes.

The gateway/router can to access the internet but server and desktop
can't.

I have setup shorewall (iptables) on every three system and so far it
works but today it works not.

I tried with command 'shorewall clear' to clear firewall but still
can't reach internet from server and desktop box.

What could cause this behavior and how can I solve this problem?

Any advices will be appreciated!

--
Regards, Paul

Old 07-23-2008, 11:34 AM
Andrei Popescu

On Wed,23.Jul.08, 13:31:13, Csányi Pál wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have at home a small LAN with Debian GNU/Linux Etch boxes.
>
> The gateway/router can to access the internet but server and desktop
> can't.
>
> I have setup shorewall (iptables) on every three system and so far it
> works but today it works not.
>
> I tried with command 'shorewall clear' to clear firewall but still
> can't reach internet from server and desktop box.
>
> What could cause this behavior and how can I solve this problem?

Can the server and desktop access the gateway? Can they access each
other?

Posting your entire shorewall config could be a bit much, but maybe you
know *exactly* what you changed from the default config and could post
here.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)

Old 07-23-2008, 12:35 PM
Csanyi Pal

Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed,23.Jul.08, 13:31:13, Csányi Pál wrote:
>> I have at home a small LAN with Debian GNU/Linux Etch boxes.
>>
>> The gateway/router can to access the internet but server and desktop
>> can't.
>>
>> I have setup shorewall (iptables) on every three system and so far it
>> works but today it works not.
>>
>> I tried with command 'shorewall clear' to clear firewall but still
>> can't reach internet from server and desktop box.
>>
>> What could cause this behavior and how can I solve this problem?
>
> Can the server and desktop access the gateway? Can they access each
> other?

Yes, I can to access gateway and server with SSH from desktop, and
from server the gateway again with SSH.

>From desktop I can to open web page on my apache web server, but only
with IP address: 192.168.2.100. If I try to access it with FQDN:
csanyi-pal.info then I can't open it.

> Posting your entire shorewall config could be a bit much, but maybe you
> know *exactly* what you changed from the default config and could post
> here.

Like I sed this problem is still here if I clear the iptables with
'shorewall clear' command. So I think this is not shorewall issue.

I think that that this is a network setup problem.. but I don't
understand that that I don't changed anything but the problem came up
today.

--
Regards, Paul