Old 07-23-2008, 06:22 AM

Default Num lock led works inversely

Hi again,

I'm having a problem which is spred over my all desktop computers which
are running debian lenny or debian sid/lenny mixtures.

The kernel is 2.6.25-2 lenny and window manager is KDE and installed from
lenny repositories in all setups.

The problem shows itself only when I set "turn on numlock on kde
startup". The numlock is turned on but its led is not. As a result, until
I set "Don't turn on numlock on kde startup" and restart kde, numlock led
behaves just inverse. When its led is lighted up, it means numpad is
deactivated. If the led is dark, numpad works (when I press the numbers, I
get numbers, not actions).

Virtual consoles doesn't exhibit this problem, everything works as
expected (lighted up led means active).

I intend to file a bug report if nobody has a solution or idea so, can
anybody also say that which package this problem belong? My first guesses
are kde or xserver-xorg-core.

Thanks in advance,

Hakan.