-   -   what 4 packages have in common (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/129868-what-4-packages-have-common.html)

Jude DaShiell 07-23-2008 01:18 AM

what 4 packages have in common

distro is lenny and packages in question are screen; clamav,
nethack-console and nethack-common. I spent quite alot of time trying to
install these with no luck. The post-install scripts for whatever reason
all couldn't get locks. Other than the accounts that were open on this
machine no other process was running to prevent this. dpkg did much
useless looping attempting in vain to clear these errors too.

Gabriel Parrondo 07-24-2008 02:53 AM

El mar, 22-07-2008 a las 21:18 -0400, Jude DaShiell escribió:
> distro is lenny and packages in question are screen; clamav,
> nethack-console and nethack-common. I spent quite alot of time trying to
> install these with no luck. The post-install scripts for whatever reason
> all couldn't get locks. Other than the accounts that were open on this
> machine no other process was running to prevent this. dpkg did much
> useless looping attempting in vain to clear these errors too.

So... what are the exact errors you're getting from dpkg again?

--
Gabriel Parrondo
GNU/Linux User #404138

"The only difference between theory and practice is that, in theory,
there's no difference between theory and practice."