-   -   Debian Etch cdrom is not showing all mp3's (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/129831-debian-etch-cdrom-not-showing-all-mp3s.html)

Johnny 07-22-2008 11:57 PM

Debian Etch cdrom is not showing all mp3's

Hi

Debian etch did all updates

When I view the cd disc I am not seeing all the mp3's on the cd disc
some are missing when I view on Debian computer

But when I view cd disc on a Windows XP computer I see all mp3's
This is a new cd disc
What seems to be the problem why I can't see all the mp3's on the Debian
computer

Johnny

Andrei Popescu 07-23-2008 05:24 AM

On Tue,22.Jul.08, 18:57:02, Johnny wrote:
> Hi
>
> Debian etch did all updates
>
> When I view the cd disc I am not seeing all the mp3's on the cd disc
> some are missing when I view on Debian computer
> But when I view cd disc on a Windows XP computer I see all mp3's
> This is a new cd disc
> What seems to be the problem why I can't see all the mp3's on the Debian
> computer

Please tell us more about the CD, the drive, your fstab, ...

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)

Nyizsnyik Ferenc 07-23-2008 05:31 PM

Debian Etch cdrom is not showing all mp3's

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 18:57:02 -0500
Johnny <digitalmodeuser@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Debian etch did all updates
>
> When I view the cd disc I am not seeing all the mp3's on the cd disc
> some are missing when I view on Debian computer
> But when I view cd disc on a Windows XP computer I see all mp3's
> This is a new cd disc
> What seems to be the problem why I can't see all the mp3's on the
> Debian computer
>
> Johnny

What is the difference between shown and not shown files? I suspect
that the filenames in question contain some national characters and you
have an encoding problem. Also, was the CD written in XP?

--
Nyizsa.
http://nyizsa.uni.cc

Johnny 07-23-2008 07:02 PM

Nyizsnyik Ferenc wrote:

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 18:57:02 -0500
When I view the cd disc I am not seeing all the mp3's on the cd disc
some are missing when I view on Debian computer

But when I view cd disc on a Windows XP computer I see all mp3's
This is a new cd disc
What seems to be the problem why I can't see all the mp3's on the
Debian computer

Johnny

What is the difference between shown and not shown files? I suspect
that the filenames in question contain some national characters and you
have an encoding problem. Also, was the CD written in XP?

I purchased the cd's mp3's set (the filenames are short) and thru a
manufacture.

With windows xp I can see all the files on it.
Viewing with Debian Etch I see a lot of missing mp3's
I have tried to view the CD's with terminal, MC (Midnight commander,
Gnome Commander,

Nautilus. all shows missing mp3's expect with XP shows all mp3's
What do I need to do to fix the problem.

Johnny

Ron Johnson 07-23-2008 07:34 PM

Debian Etch cdrom is not showing all mp3's

Jochen Schulz 07-23-2008 09:04 PM

Debian Etch cdrom is not showing all mp3's

Ron Johnson:

> Have you tried Sound Juicer, or ripping it with abcde?

If it contains MP3s, it's obviously not an audio disc and there's no
point in trying to rip it.

J.
--
I am getting worse rather than better.
[Agree] [Disagree]

Ron Johnson 07-23-2008 09:40 PM

Debian Etch cdrom is not showing all mp3's