Old 07-22-2008, 11:23 PM
"Michal R. Hoffmann"

Default Cannot switch to VT (console)

Hi,

Recently I tried to switch to VT (console) and I couldn't - Ctrl+Alt+F1
didn't work (and they used to couple of weeks ago). I don't even know
where to look for the problem; xev detects KeyRelease XF86_Switch_VT_1
event, /etc/inittab contain getty respawns.

Oh, when I tried chvt 1 it responded:
Couldnt get a file descriptor referring to the console

Debian sid, home-compiled kernel, GDM/Gnome, nvidia-glx

Any suggestions, please?
--
Kind regards,
Michal R. Hoffmann