Old 07-22-2008, 06:12 PM
Mark Neidorff

Default synaptic problem?

Hi,

I want to switch an installation from an IDE disk to a SATA disk. I use
synaptic to manage packages for me. The File menu has an option to generate
a package install script. So, I created a custom filter to show just
installed packages and selected that filter. (cool) Then I selected all the
packages for "reinstallation" (the only option). Then I selected "generate
package install script" from the File menu. The script that was generated
starts with
#! /bin/sh
wget
wget
wget
.
.
.
with one "wget" line for each package that I selected, but there is nothing in
the script file after the "wget". Am I doing something wrong, or is there a
bug?

Thanks,

Mark