Old 07-22-2008, 09:07 AM
cruz

Default AC Power on HP NC6000 becomes Noisy

Hi,

I just installed Debian 4.0 on my HP NC6000 laptop. Everything works
except noisy when the AC power is on. Even when the system is on idle
mode. What can I do about this?

Thanks,
cruz

PS Please include my email as well if you reply because I have not
subscribed to this user list.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:00 AM
Arthur A

cruz wrote:

Hi,

I just installed Debian 4.0 on my HP NC6000 laptop. Everything works
except noisy when the AC power is on. Even when the system is on idle
mode. What can I do about this?

Thanks,
cruz

PS Please include my email as well if you reply because I have not
subscribed to this user list.

HP has a setting in the bios os some laptops to always have fan on when on AC.
Check to see if this is set.

Regards,
AA