Old 07-21-2008, 06:19 PM
Chris Bannister

Default /usr/lib/iceweasel/iceweasel is a shell script (was debian/unstable: iceweasel segmentation fault)

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 11:06:09AM +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 08:51:49 +0200, Bruno Voigt wrote:
> > Florian Kulzer wrote:
> > > Based on what Kent has posted, can you run iceweasel as root?
> > >
> > Yes. that works.
> > I am also using KDE, the kde package was in state pn,
> > so I reinstalled it.
> > Iceweasel still crashes when run as normal user.
> >
> > > After it has crashed, grep for "EACCES" in the strace file; that should
> > > tell you which files it cannot access due to permissions problems.
> >
> > In my normal user trace I see no EACCES.
>
> Well, so much for that idea...
>
> Maybe this is related to arts; I now remember that I had problems with
> iceweasel a while back when I tried to get sound from a bluetooth
> headset via artsdsp.
>
> Try to run it like this:
>
> ICEWEASEL_DSP=none iceweasel

Ummm,

root@box:~# file /usr/lib/iceweasel/iceweasel
/usr/lib/iceweasel/iceweasel: Bourne shell script text executable

which eventually runs firefox-bin. So:

ldd /usr/lib/iceweasel/firefox-bin | less

should help.

--
Chris.
======