-   -   Gathering ideas for next release - wiki is up (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/128649-gathering-ideas-next-release-wiki-up.html)

Martin Sourada 07-21-2008 11:41 AM

Gathering ideas for next release - wiki is up

> Yup, it is a radical change, now they look really themed (worth talking
> about it as a feature).

Probably yes. Considering that the Feature freeze for F10 is nearing and
I haven't finished yet with the sketching, I'll push it for Fedora 11,
while in Fedora 10 we'll have new notification theme [1], maybe the Echo
icons and some minor improvements to the gtk theme/engine.

Also, as the number of my sketches is increasing, I've prepared a wiki
page [2] to keep them together with other information regarding the
0.8.x branch of gtk-nodoka-engine.

Suggestions and comments welcome :-)

Thanks,
Martin

[2] https://fedorahosted.org/nodoka/wiki/0.8.x_Brainstorm

Martin Sourada 07-30-2008 09:59 AM

Gathering ideas for next release - wiki is up

Okay, back from vacation, I did some more work on the sketching and
other "preparation work". I added Scale and Scrollbar designs and
started writing documentation [1], currently it contains only the
proposed engine options. Please note that I'll most likely enable three
different styles in Nodoka - CLASSIC (mostly how it looks now), MODERN
(more or less what is in the sketches) and GLOSSY (more or less what
Andy is sketching now).

I also updated the wiki page [2] and when Andy finishes his widget
factory mockup I'll add it there as well :)

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
Martin