Old 07-20-2008, 10:15 PM
Frank McCormick

Default Seg fault

Old 07-20-2008, 10:30 PM
Frank McCormick

Old 07-20-2008, 10:39 PM
Andrew Sackville-West

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 06:15:27PM -0400, Frank McCormick wrote:
> Anders Lagerås wrote:
> | On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 17:23:17 -0400
> | Frank <debian@videotron.ca> wrote:
> |
> |> Anders Lagerås wrote:
> |> Bug report on it's way
> |>
> |> What's the easiest way to downgrade? I have never had to do this.
> | Using aptitude is the easiest way.
> | If you select the libgtk row and press enter will the description show
> | up. At the bottom of the page are the "Versions of libgtk" listed.
> | Select the row of the version you want and use + on the numeric keypad
> | to select it and then g to install.
> | = to put packets on hold to prevent them from being updated can also be
> | useful.
> |

> ~ Doesn't work here. The ONLY version shown is the current one.

enable the lenny repos.

Old 07-20-2008, 11:00 PM
Anders Lagerås

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 18:15:27 -0400
Frank McCormick <debian@videotron.ca> wrote:

> Anders Lagerås wrote:
> | On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 17:23:17 -0400
> | Frank <debian@videotron.ca> wrote:
> |
> |> Anders Lagerås wrote:
> |> Bug report on it's way
> |>
> |> What's the easiest way to downgrade? I have never had to do
> |> this.
> | Using aptitude is the easiest way.
> | If you select the libgtk row and press enter will the description
> | show up. At the bottom of the page are the "Versions of libgtk"
> | listed. Select the row of the version you want and use + on the
> | numeric keypad to select it and then g to install.
> | = to put packets on hold to prevent them from being updated can
> | also be useful.
> |

> ~ Doesn't work here. The ONLY version shown is the current one.
ok
that is probably since you have only repositories for one version
in /etc/apt/sources.list
or maybe by your /etc/apt/preferences settings

To be able to downgrade to get around problems like this do I have
both stable testing and unstable repositories in sources.list

You can also download from here:
http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages
and use dpkg -i to install.

But if you don't have a sources.list with the corresponding
repositories can you get problem with dependencies.

--

Mvh Anders Lagerås

Old 07-20-2008, 11:07 PM
Anders Lagerås

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 00:40:18 +0200
Frank McCormick <debian@videotron.ca> wrote:
> > ~ Doesn't work here. The ONLY version shown is the current one.
>
> Got around it by dl'ing from lenny repository and installing
> using dpkg. Seems to work - writing this using Sylpheed.
ok, problem solved then.
If you add the lenny repository to sources.list is it easier to
downgrade next time you are in need of that, then you will have all
versions in aptitude to choose from.

--
Anders Lagerås