Old 07-20-2008, 06:54 PM
Andrew Sackville-West

Default Could someone give me a clue about making a window manager?

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 03:25:44PM +0300, Shachar Or wrote:
> On Sunday 20 July 2008 14:32, Magicloud Magiclouds wrote:
> > Any suggestions about which one? DWM? I do not know.
>
> You may want to go with those that do not depend on extra libraries to keep
> things simple; not the ones that are part of a desktop environment for the
> same reason.

I'd second that. keep it simple. If you can grok haskell, then look at
xmonad. It's a basic tiling window manager in just a few hundred lines
of code. Otherwise, look at the other small ones: awesome, as
mentioned; maybe wmii, they recently redid the whole thing, so it's
likely that the code is fairly clean, others?