Old 07-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Bruno Voigt

Default debian/unstable: iceweasel segmentation fault

Florian Kulzer wrote:

What alternative did you configure?

I do not set ICEWEASEL_DSP anywhere, so iceweasel uses the default value
of "none". Did you configure anything for this environmental variable?
Check it with "env | grep ICE".

Where may I change this configuration globally?

Just in /etc/profile specifically for iceweasel
or somewhere (KDE Control Center?) for all apps?

I would set it both in your shell's profile/rc-file and in
~/.kde/env/env.sh, see "man startkde". (The setting in the shell
profile/rc will not work if you start iceweasel from a desktop menu or
by clicking an icon.) Make sure you use "export ICEWEASEL_DSP=none".

I just found

root@wks:/# cat /etc/iceweasel/iceweaselrc

# which /dev/dsp wrapper to use

ICEWEASEL_DSP="auto"

I changed it to none and everything is fine now :-)

Bruno

Old 07-22-2008, 01:05 PM
Preston Boyington

Bruno Voigt wrote:
<snipped>

I just found

root@wks:/# cat /etc/iceweasel/iceweaselrc
# which /dev/dsp wrapper to use
ICEWEASEL_DSP="auto"

I changed it to none and everything is fine now :-)

lol, mine was different. for me i had to use:
ICEWEASEL_SDP="auto"

i think my problem was that Iceweasel was trying to use "psdsp"
(Pulseaudio?) and i don't have that set up yet. i keep hoping that a
meta package will automagically take care of it for me.

anyway i opened a terminal and typed:
sudo gedit /etc/iceweasel/iceweaselrc
and changed the "psdsp" to "auto" and now it seems to work fine.

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/

Old 07-23-2008, 03:56 AM
Kent West

Bruno Voigt wrote:

I just found

root@wks:/# cat /etc/iceweasel/iceweaselrc
# which /dev/dsp wrapper to use
ICEWEASEL_DSP="auto"

I changed it to none and everything is fine now :-)

Yep; worked for me, too.

--
Kent West <")))><

Old 07-23-2008, 04:23 AM
Ron Johnson

Old 07-23-2008, 04:33 AM
Kent West

Ron Johnson wrote:

On 07/22/08 22:56, Kent West wrote:
> Bruno Voigt wrote:
>> I just found
>>
>> root@wks:/# cat /etc/iceweasel/iceweaselrc
>> # which /dev/dsp wrapper to use
>> ICEWEASEL_DSP="auto"
>>
>> I changed it to none and everything is fine now :-)
>>
> Yep; worked for me, too.

But can you get audio from another app while IW is running?

Haven't tried it yet; the machine is across town, and I don't get to
spend much time experimenting with it.

--
Kent West <")))><