Old 07-20-2008, 06:04 AM
Magicloud Magiclouds

Default Could someone give me a clue about making a window manager?

I want to make a simple WM, but do not know where to start.

Thanks.

Old 07-20-2008, 07:17 AM
Shachar Or

On Sunday 20 July 2008 09:04, Magicloud Magiclouds wrote:
> I want to make a simple WM, but do not know where to start.

Look at the dependencies of the x-window-manager virtual package. Look at the
sources of the simple ones.

--
Shachar Or | שחר אור
http://ox.freeallweb.org/

Old 07-20-2008, 12:25 PM
Shachar Or

On Sunday 20 July 2008 14:32, Magicloud Magiclouds wrote:
> Any suggestions about which one? DWM? I do not know.

You may want to go with those that do not depend on extra libraries to keep
things simple; not the ones that are part of a desktop environment for the
same reason.

On a different note, if I were to try out a new WM now, It'd be 'awesome'
which is in backports now.

Good week!

--
Shachar Or | שחר אור