FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 07-20-2008, 07:20 PM
Ron Johnson
 
Default Loss of Flash Player capabilities in IW3.0

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

On 07/20/08 14:01, Kelly Clowers wrote:
[snip]
>
> Personally, I prefer Adobe's Flash 10 beta. It seems to have smoother
> playback and some report lower cpu usage.

How stable is it?

- --
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

"Kittens give Morbo gas. In lighter news, the city of New New
York is doomed."
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)

iEYEARECAAYFAkiDkAEACgkQS9HxQb37XmdibgCgvfMwIuSHjX 8JPQqzd8+Hl6pK
xJEAn2lUsETcd6akTwBb2Yz4pIZZrNos
=0kws
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 07-20-2008, 08:18 PM
"Kelly Clowers"
 
Default Loss of Flash Player capabilities in IW3.0

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 12:20 PM, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> On 07/20/08 14:01, Kelly Clowers wrote:
> [snip]
>>
>> Personally, I prefer Adobe's Flash 10 beta. It seems to have smoother
>> playback and some report lower cpu usage.
>
> How stable is it?


I have been running it for at least a month with fairly high usage
(sites that use
flash for UI, youtube, nico nico douga, other video sites), and I
haven't had any
crashes, freezes or other problems with it. This is with SeaMonkey 2.0 alpha
(Gecko 1.9) and PulseAudio on Sid. Of course, your results may vary ;-)


Cheers,
Kelly Clowers


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 07-20-2008, 09:54 PM
Nick Lidakis
 
Default Loss of Flash Player capabilities in IW3.0

Kelly Clowers wrote:

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 12:20 PM, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

On 07/20/08 14:01, Kelly Clowers wrote:
[snip]

Personally, I prefer Adobe's Flash 10 beta. It seems to have smoother
playback and some report lower cpu usage.

How stable is it?



I have been running it for at least a month with fairly high usage
(sites that use
flash for UI, youtube, nico nico douga, other video sites), and I
haven't had any
crashes, freezes or other problems with it. This is with SeaMonkey 2.0 alpha
(Gecko 1.9) and PulseAudio on Sid. Of course, your results may vary ;-)


I just installed it on Sid's Iceweasel. But still no luck watching (you
also need user agent plugin for IE spoofing) any online show at ABC's
site: http://abc.go.com/player/


Still complains about needing Flash 8!


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 07-21-2008, 03:29 AM
"Kelly Clowers"
 
Default Loss of Flash Player capabilities in IW3.0

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Nick Lidakis <nlidakis@verizon.net> wrote:
> Kelly Clowers wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 12:20 PM, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
>>> Hash: SHA1
>>>
>>> On 07/20/08 14:01, Kelly Clowers wrote:
>>> [snip]
>>>>
>>>> Personally, I prefer Adobe's Flash 10 beta. It seems to have smoother
>>>> playback and some report lower cpu usage.
>>>
>>> How stable is it?
>>
>>
>> I have been running it for at least a month with fairly high usage
>> (sites that use
>> flash for UI, youtube, nico nico douga, other video sites), and I
>> haven't had any
>> crashes, freezes or other problems with it. This is with SeaMonkey 2.0
>> alpha
>> (Gecko 1.9) and PulseAudio on Sid. Of course, your results may vary ;-)
>
> I just installed it on Sid's Iceweasel. But still no luck watching (you also
> need user agent plugin for IE spoofing) any online show at ABC's site:
> http://abc.go.com/player/
>
> Still complains about needing Flash 8!

Oh yeah, I encountered that on one site. I think they must be testing
the first digit or something. It wasn't a site I normally used, so I had
forgotten about it.


Cheers,
Kelly Clowers


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 07-21-2008, 11:27 AM
Tom Ashley
 
Default Loss of Flash Player capabilities in IW3.0

On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 20:29 -0700, Kelly Clowers wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Nick Lidakis <nlidakis@verizon.net> wrote:
> > Kelly Clowers wrote:
> >>
> >> On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 12:20 PM, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>
> >> wrote:
> >>>
> >>> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> >>> Hash: SHA1
> >>>
> >>> On 07/20/08 14:01, Kelly Clowers wrote:
> >>> [snip]
> >>>>
> >>>> Personally, I prefer Adobe's Flash 10 beta. It seems to have smoother
> >>>> playback and some report lower cpu usage.
> >>>
> >>> How stable is it?
> >>
> >>
> >> I have been running it for at least a month with fairly high usage
> >> (sites that use
> >> flash for UI, youtube, nico nico douga, other video sites), and I
> >> haven't had any
> >> crashes, freezes or other problems with it. This is with SeaMonkey 2.0
> >> alpha
> >> (Gecko 1.9) and PulseAudio on Sid. Of course, your results may vary ;-)
> >
> > I just installed it on Sid's Iceweasel. But still no luck watching (you also
> > need user agent plugin for IE spoofing) any online show at ABC's site:
> > http://abc.go.com/player/
> >
> > Still complains about needing Flash 8!
>
> Oh yeah, I encountered that on one site. I think they must be testing
> the first digit or something. It wasn't a site I normally used, so I had
> forgotten about it.
>
>
> Cheers,
> Kelly Clowers
>
>
I was having the same problem (demand for flash 8) but am now able to
access the videos after installing flashplayer-mozilla and
mozilla-flash-player7-binary.

Tom Ashley


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:34 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org